Old Friend, New Problems

Long chapter, lovelies! owo

I mean REALLY-- IT'S A CHONKER

Im trying to keep these books 26 chapters each, so some chapters are longer with more story than others

But I dont think you mind long chapters! 😂

IM SO SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG TO WRITE-- MY CARPAL TUNNEL HAS BEEN KICKING MY ASS 😭😭

Sorry for any errors! I'm eXhAusTeD ;-;

...

..

.

Walter leads Kenny, (Y/N), and Clement inside the ski lodge, (Y/N)'s body relaxing at the warmth inside the building.

"Wow..." she breathes out, looking around.

Clement was also looking around in awe, golden Christmas lights decorating pillars and lighting up the area. There was also a tall Christmas tree next to the staircase, and a fire roaring in the fireplace. Soft music played from the radio on the shelf, and a pot bubbled away on a stove top in the kitchen.

"Kenny and Sarita have been staying with us for several weeks," Walter speaks with a kind smile, gesturing around. "Used to be a ski lodge, obviously, so we have plenty of food. And believe it or not, we still get some power from that wind turbine out front."

He walks up the small set of stairs, his back facing the three as he continues.

"We tend to keep most of the lights off at night to avoid drawing attention."

Kenny sighs quietly, turning to Clement and (Y/N).

"But after we found this stuff in storage, we couldn't resist making an exception."

They look up at him curiously, Kenny rolling his eyes and mocking Walter by speaking silently with his mouth and hand.

Clement snorts, (Y/N) slapping a hand to her mouth to muffle her giggles as Kenny grins with amusement.

"What's funny?" Walter questions, tilting his head at the two.

"Oh, nothin', Walt!" Kenny chuckles, patting Walter's shoulder as he moves to his side. "Walter here is one smart son of a bitch. Makes a mean can of beans, too."

Walter lets out a small laugh, shaking his head. "Well, why don't you three catch up while I get some dinner started?"

The doors to the lodge open, Luke and the others piling inside and looking around in awe.

"Please, make yourselves at home," Walter smiles softly, nodding to the group. "You can leave your things over there."

Rebecca's brow arches. "The hell we will."

"Yeah, I'm holdin' on to my rifle, thanks," Nick scoffs, shaking his head with a scowl.

Walter frowns, his tone gentle as he tries to reassure them. "You're our guests here. There's no need to worry."

"Tell him to put his gun down, then." Nick snaps back.

"... Kenny?" Walter nudges Kenny's arm with his elbow.

Kenny's eyes narrow as he looks between the group, turning to (Y/N) and Clement. "Will you two vouch for these people? If you tell me they're good, then I'm good."

"Us?" Nick rolls his eyes. "You were the one wavin' a gun around, man."

"We're cool, okay?" Luke quickly intervenes, stepping in front of Nick to silence him. "Hey, hey, we're cool. We're cool."