Chapter 33: Their little rendez-vous

"You brought me sunshine
when I only saw rain.
You brought me laughter
when I only felt pain."

- Donna Donathan

Once again, Sumi spent the night in the hospital next to Donghyuck, only this time the boy was spiritually present, watching her every move

Once again, Sumi spent the night in the hospital next to Donghyuck, only this time the boy was spiritually present, watching her every move. They were both lying on the bed so close to each other that their noses were touching, and legs intertwined. Thanks to love language which was a physical touch, both of them could not keep their hands off each other, constantly stroking each other's body parts, or playing with their hair.

"Are you sure you are okay? You are still covered in bruises..." Sumi started, but was quickly silenced.

"I am fine, love. I will be fine." Donghyuck replied, smiling sweetly. Even in the dark, his smile made her insides feel warm. Unable to resist the temptation, and his sweet face, Sumi leaned in to place a gentle kiss on his lips.

"Yuta wrote to me earlier about how Jiwoong, Younghoon, and the rest will be expelled from their respective schools. There will also be a court case."

Donghyuck sighed deeply, closing his eyes.

"If only I had known Hyuck, I would have stayed with you, and maybe even stopped the whole fight."

He hissed, gently stroking Sumi's head. "If you were with me, they could do much worse things, not only to me, but also to you."

"They are capable of absolutely anything. I would not forgive myself for that. I would rather stay in the hospital for a few weeks, or even months than watch you suffer." Donghyuck finished, his eyes expressing great compassion, and sadness.

"Fortunately, everything ended well." Sumi whispered, kissing his palm.

"You know what, I was wondering about your pastㅡ" Sumi said hesitantly, looking into his eyes. When she saw no sign to stop, she continued. "What were you like, how did you behave?  Has a lot changed?"

"Despite the death of my parents, and the emptiness in my heart, I tried to be the best student I could. They considered me a nerd at school for constantly raising my hand in class, diving nose into books, for my huge, nerdy glassesㅡ"

"No way! Were you wearing glasses?" Sumi asked, widening her eyes.

The boy chuckled at her reaction. "I still wear it when I read sometimes."

Sumi smiled broadly, and kissed him once again. "We are both nerdy. That is so cute."

Donghyuck felt his face flush, though, continued anyway. "According to others, I was just a conceited arrogant. In fact, I used books to forget, and feel better. Unfortunately, I had a group of familiar faces who abused me. Whether it was at school, or outsideㅡ they used to  steal my school materials, throw unpleasant things into my locker, tear out pages from my booksㅡ  either physically, and mentally abuse me. When they were lurking for me at school, I tried to avoid abandoned places where there were no people, even though it was difficult for me. And if they attacked me outside, I could not  escape." Donghyuck mumbled, feeling Sumi squeeze his hand comfortingly.