Chapter 2: The school's terror

"I don't know what to do
To get me back to you.
I've got nothing left to lose;
I'm sadness, tears and blues
All bridges have been crossed;
I guess our love is lost."

- Joanna Fuchs

Halfway home; Sumi ran, feeling the rain pick up its pace again

Halfway home; Sumi ran, feeling the rain pick up its pace again. When getting inside, she sneezed twice as she hurriedly took off her shoes.

"Where have you been - OH MY GOD! ARE YOU CRAZY? YOU ARE ALL SOAKED!" Her mother appeared in front of her in the hallㅡher hand over mouth in shock.

"The walk ended badly."
Sumi laughed, waving her bag as she walked up the stairs.

"Wait. Can you tell me, why you left the house; leaving poor Dohee behind?! The boy was worried, and you just walked out like you did not care!" Her mother climbed the stairs behind her, raising her voice louder, and louder. "Do you know, how ashamed I am that my daughter has no manners, behaving like a savage?!"

Sumi gritted her teeth, seething inside, nonetheless decided to remain silent. There were still the same arguments, and words from her mother like 'I'm ashamed of you' , so Sumi was not surprised at all, howeverㅡ it was tiring her out.

When the girl entered the room, she threw the bag on the ground, taking clean clothes from the drawer.

"Dohee is a decent guy. Perfect for youㅡ"

Sumi rolled her eyes, pulling the hair clip out of her hair, letting wet strands fall to her shoulders.

"He should put you straight, because your behavior is terrible. Maybe if he hits you a few timesㅡ"

"Also, bury my dead body in the garden?" Sumi laughed ironically at the stupid things her mother said with no knowledge. She bent down to take the snacks out of the bag, and threw it into the trash can, under the desk.

"I am not talking about murder. It is about the way you act, and I do not see any change in you, at all. The older you get, the worseㅡ"

"That is good to know, mom. I am going to wash up, excuse me." Sumi announced, passing by her mother standing in the doorway to her room.

"We have not finished this conversation, yet."

"I am in a hurry." The girl shrugged her shoulders, closing the bathroom door.

After taking a warm shower, putting warm pajamas on, and combing her washed hairㅡSumi left the bathroom, going straight to her room. Fortunately, her mother was not on the horizon, which rejoiced her soul. Closing the door, she fell onto the bed, exhaling deeply. Wrapping herself in a blanket, she reached for her phone to text her best friend.

 Wrapping herself in a blanket, she reached for her phone to text her best friend