Chapter 4: Mistakes save lives

"My darling,
in love,
I refuse to wither.
I always
grow and bloom"

- Alexandra Vasiliu

After a refreshing walk, Sumi returned home

After a refreshing walk, Sumi returned home. Taking off her shoes, she emerged from behind the doorframe to see if her parents were still watching TV. To her delight, not only did they watch it, but they both fell asleep. Sighing heavily, she thanked fate that saved her from hearing nonsense for the next few hours. Plus, Dohee was apparently busy. Sumi felt right,  finally being alone, and doing whatever she wanted.

Closing the door to her room, she put the hood over her head, jumping onto the bed, and wrapping the blanket around her legs. A few moments later, the call sounded.

"Hello, are you not asleep yet?" Yuta asked, teasing the girl.

"Pff, like it is my bedtime."

"What is up?"

"I was on a walk outside, and saw one of the idiots."

"Donghyuck?"

"How do you know his name?"

"The whole school knows."

Sumi thought it sounded suspicious for a moment, but shook herself from unnecessary thoughts.

"Good point. He took the book out of my hand, acting like usual."

"It is better not to be on his bad side."

"Funny you are saying that, Yuta." The boy laughed, changing the subject.

"How about we meet up tomorrow after school, and play, or show off something?"

"Good idea, have you already told Minjae about this?"

"She is in."

"Lovely."

"How do you feel, by the way?" Yuta asked softly. A question to which Sumi had no answer at all, because she did not know what was happening to her.

"Tough question."

"I know, believe me. If you want to talk to me, and Minjae, we will always listen to you."

"I know."

"You know that it is also a good way to tell strangers about your problems?"

"How can I confess to a stranger? When I meet them, they will no longer  be the stranger."

"Good argument, but that is not what I meant. There are rumors about a new app."