Chapter 19: Reaching the clouds

"My heart desire you
My desire adores you
Your my cherished desire
Your my heart attaire
My desire bound in you
My heart found in you
Like your spelf cast on my heart
Which my desire for u can't be apart"

- Angel Mbachu

Hearing the arguments from downstairs, Sumi could not stay in her room any longer

Hearing the arguments from downstairs, Sumi could not stay in her room any longer. She thought that she could hide in her treehouse like old timesㅡ even though nothing had been done, or cleaned there. Taking her jacket from the closet, the girl put her phone in her pocket,  heading down the stairs.

At the sound of the creaking stairs, Mr. and Mrs. Hong turned to see their daughter standing at the door frame, and before they could say anythingㅡ she slipped on her shoes, running out the door.

Sighing, she walked towards the yard at the back of the house, carefully climbing the ladder to her favourite place. Closing herself inside, she sat against one of the walls, looking at the darkening sky. It looked as if someone covered the sun with a blanket, and forgot about it for a dozen, or so hours. Hugging her jacket closer to herself to warm up, she accidentally lost herself in thoughts.

Donghyuck stood on Mr

Donghyuck stood on Mr. and Mrs. Hong's property, looking expectantly at the front door. Before he could move his legs, something flashing caught his attention. Leaning slightly from behind the wall, he saw a glowing light in the treehouse.

"There, you are hiding." He smirked, changing the direction of his travel, heading towards the small house.

A soft knock on the trapdoor startled Sumi from her thoughts. She rolled her eyes, opening the entrance to the house.

"Who isㅡ Hyuck?" She asked surprised to see the boy for the first time in three days.

"Hi, smurf." He said with the biggest smile she had ever seen on his face, and seeing his struggle to get in, Sumi offered hand to help.

"Why are you here?" She asked without returning the smile, and he swore he could hear the tiredness mixed with sadness in her voice.

Closing the trapdoor, he sat down in front of her.
"I know you said you did not want to talk to anyone, nor see anyone, but that is it." He said, hurriedly taking his backpack off his back.