Chapter 22: Healing colors

" 'Wanting me'
does not flatter me.
Value me.
Understand me.
Appreciate me."

- unknown

Sumi no longer felt fear as Mrs

Sumi no longer felt fear as Mrs. Lee hugged her to her chest. By getting to know the old woman better at dinner, she realized that she could count on her, and tell her everything, because she could not say the same about her parents. In Lee's house, she felt that no one was judged by the kind of person he, or she was, and every move, or word did not have to be carefully thought out to avoid argument.

"I am so glad I met you, darling." Mrs. Lee announced as she disconnected from Sumi.
"I have something for you." Her eyes widened in excitement, and before Sumi could deny it, the old woman disappeared into the kitchen, returning a moment later with a plastic bag in her hand.

"No, Mrs. Lee! I do not really want anythingㅡ" Sumi started, putting her hands up in defense.

"But you have to." Mrs. Lee interrupted, handing her the plastic bag. "I made too many of them." She pointed to the gingerbread cookies inside.

"Thank you." She exclaimed shyly, bowing quickly.

"I could have eaten the rest..." Donghyuck muttered to himself, but unfortunately his grandmother heard him, resulting in hitting him lightly on the back of the head.

"Donghyuck, be a dear, and walk Sumi home." Mrs. Lee mumbled, giving the girl a wide smile; waving goodbye as she headed into the living room.

"I will, do not worry grandma!" He shouted after her departure.

"You do not have to go with me. I wanted to take a walk alone." Sumi whispered, wrapping her scarf around her neck.

"But I want to."

"Lee Donghyuck."

"All right." He whined, and went to put his arms around her neck. "See you tomorrow?"

"Sure."

"And that is what I like to hear." He smirked. "Are you sure you want to go alone?"

"Yeah, I wanted to let my imagination run wild." She announced, laughing softly before pulling away completely. After yelling a loud goodbye to Mrs. Lee, Sumi left the house, not forgetting to wave to her friend before he closed the door.

Walking through a familiar neighborhood, Sumi decided to light a cigarette, exhaling a cloud of white smoke in the frosty evening. Snowflakes began to fall from the sky, accompanying the evening scenery, and even though Sumi did not like winter, she had to admit that it looked beautiful. Looking around, she completely forgot about the bag she had been holding in her hand all this time. While looking inside, she smiled at the sight of the cookies, immediately remembering Mrs. Lee smiling.