CHAPTER 50

VIKRAM’S POV….

“Look, look, look who’s here.” He said and laughed. Although I cut his right arm and broke his left hand mercilessly, I know he must be clapping by saying this inside of his psycho head. 

“Oops, no reply? Okay, let me start again. Knock-knock…” He said and looked at her with his dirty smile

“Knock-Knock… Ask who’s here?” He said but she is rooted to the ground and wasn’t able to speak anything. I on the other hand just seeing what he is upto now because this gonna be his last drama of his life. 

“Not interested? It’s okay. Let’s change the topic.” He said and passed us a smile. 

“Why is he here? Isn’t he dead? Why is he not in jail?” she asked and looked at him and then at me. I was just standing beside her and took a deep breath. I never informed her anything related to him due to her condition but I just told her that he is dead. 

But I didn't lie to her though. I just told her half-truth. 

She was still holding my hand and didn’t leave it for a bit. All this time she trusted in me, more than anyone and now she must be thinking that I broke her trust. 

“Come with me.” I said and took her outside of the room not before listening to her maniac laugh. 

Without waiting for me she went outside of the warehouse, making me follow her. I know air is suffocating inside of it, making her breathless for sure. 

“Saanvi, please listen to me.” She started to breath so harshly that for a second she was about to faint but it’s good that she handled herself. 

It was great that I took medicines with her taking care of her psychiatrist's suggestion. 

FLASHBACK…..

“Doctor, I need your suggestion.” As I sat in front of her, I became professional. I am here to talk about Saanvi’s health and I know going to someone's house at this late time would be a bit uncomfortable. 

“Tell me Vikram, no need to hesitate.” As she said, I was about to say but looked at her father who is giving me his angriest eye as if I am here to elope with his daughter. Maybe she understood that I needed to talk with her alone. 

“Umm, dad could you please give us some time.” Her dad gave her an eye to which she raised her eyebrow. After 1 min of giving me dead stares he went inside of his room. 

“Sorry for that. Dad is just protective.” 

“I can understand. It’s all right.” 

“Now tell me, is she fine?” 

“Yes, she is but I am not fine.” She didn’t say anything and I just looked at the floor as I don’t know if she would understand or not but other than her, I can’t take anyone’s help. 

“I want Saanvi to face her fear.” I said it and looked at her. 

“Vikram, do you know right we can’t talk with her about her kidnapping until she wants to.” She suggested and I nodded my head 

“But it’s like she doesn’t even want to talk about it with anyone and I am afraid that she will suffer even more if she doesn't talk about it.”

“You are right at your own place but Vikram, we have to give her time and space too.” 

“But I can’t give her more time. It’s been months since that accident happened and it’s like she doesn’t want to live her life anymore.”

Before she interrupts I continued….