CHAPTER 44

VIKRAM’S POV….

Have you ever felt like dying while seeing your close ones lying on a deathbed? I am feeling it. I am feeling like dying every single second seeing her pale body. My heart is bleeding seeing Saanvi in this condition. It’s like someone stabbed my heart with a knife 100 times to make it bleed like this. My world got snatched beneath my legs when doctors said that her chances of survival are 30% only.

Her legs and hands got broken. Her shoulder gets dislocated. She lost so much blood. Her pulse rate is getting low second by second. Her jaw got broken. I didn’t hear what the doctor said because the list of body parts getting broken and broken didn’t end there. Saanvi is now in operation theater and we all are waiting for her.

Saanvi is strong. She knows how to fight for herself. From the day my eyes landed on her, I never saw her crying but fighting for herself and her loved ones. Her confidence is the key to her success and her fighting spirit is the key to living her life without getting dominated by anyone. Her spirit took my heart but I never agreed due to my male ego.

“I think we should contact Saanvi’s family. They have the right to know about their daughter.” Bhabhi said who is sitting on the bench and waiting for the doctors to come outside with a hope in her eyes.

“Her baba is not in the village. He is on army campus for some work. He will be back in a month.” I said holding her necklace which she was wearing at the party. Nurse came with her jewelry when she went inside the room. I just took the necklace which has Ganpati bappa. She loves everything which has her Ganpati bappa. I still remember the day when she told me the story of her love for her Gannu (Ganpati Bappa)

“Why do you love Ganpati ji so much?” I asked her to look through the mirror and set my hair perfectly. She looked at me with furrowed eyebrows but she smiled listening to my question.

“You know when I was a little girl I always asked my cool dude why I have no mother? Why do I have no brother? So my cool dude said that your mother needed the rest so he took her with him. Then I asked him but I want my mother back. It’s been so many years since he took her with him. Cool dude told me that she won’t come back but if you make Ganpati Bappa your brother then maybe he will send you to your mother.”

I listened to her story very keenly. Her stories, her life were actually kind of motivating and interesting. And I always lost myself in her stories.

“So? You made him your brother” I asked, spraying one of the sexiest deo on me. I love luxury brands and she? She just loves her Ganpati Bappa.

“Yes, I made him my brother and every year I tie Rakhi on his wrist. Always make modak with my own hands. I only share my problems with him other than Amara and Mira. I made him my brother with a hope that one day he will send me to my mother but that day never came. I was a child back then. As time started to pass, I started to get mature. My momma never came back to me but I got my brother in the form of Ganpati Bappa.” She said with sparkling tears in her eyes. I can’t even imagine what she felt at that time. My mom always pampers me even if I am now turning into a married guy. She still cares for me. She still loves me even if she is not in talking terms with me.

“So, this necklace?”

“This necklace was given to me by my Cool dude. He specially made it for me. I always wear it except in the operating theater. Jewelry is not allowed there.” She said and went outside. Making me think of her childhood where a little girl loved the idol which is made of stone and soil.

“Then we have to contact him.” Mom said with her hoarse voice making me come out from the flashback which Saanvi was telling me a story. She looks so excited when she told me how she met his god. There was sadness when she told me about her mom but there was happiness too which was reflecting through her voice.