CHAPTER 5

FLASHBACK

A girl was sitting in a main gate stairs, looking at the stars. Every village people are sleeping as she could see no one on the road. She could hear chirping voices. She was this silent that she could have even hear her own heartbeat very well.

It's winters time and there are no street lights available in village. It's 2 am and her sleep is far from her eyes. A slow wind blow; making her cover herself with a shawl which is resting on her shoulders and covered her upper body.

She was in her deep thoughts when she heard

"Sona, my child, what are you doing here? Why are you sitting here like this?" A male's gentle voice came. She doesn't have to turn her face around to know who he is.

She already knows this voice very well.

"Daadu, I am not able to sleep. Tomorrow is my NEET result. What will happen if I not able to crack it?" Girl asked him, looking at her fidgeting fingers.

"You are here in village so that you could give some rest to this little brain of yours." He said while laughing and pinches the bridge of her nose

"I know Daadu, but what about the result?" She asked looking at him with sad eyes.

"What if I won't be able to achieve mumma's dream?" She told her genuine concern to him.

By hearing her, he chuckled a little and put his hand on her head.

"Look my dear, NEET exams is not easy and there are so many children who were not able to crack the exam in his/her first attempt. But does that mean that they get failed?" He asked her to which she shook her head in no.

"Exactly. It just mere result. Your mother must be happy even if you won't achieve her dreams" He said and patted her head lovingly

"Why would she be happy even if I won't achieve it?"

"Because you tried. You did hard work. You forget about your family, friends, food, parties and even herself. You lock yourself in your room and studied for 20 hours per day. You even forget about your sleep which you love the most. You tried my dear and that is more than enough for us." He said and she smile a little but there is still nervousness showing in her eyes which is not unnoticed by grandpa.

"You still feeling nervous about the result?" He asked making her nodded her head.

"Yes Daadu, you all won't say anything to me even if I get failed but I don't want to disappoint dad and mumma"

"Wait a minute" He said and stood up from his seat and went inside the house. She looked at his back in confusion. She again started her star gazing when she again feels him near him.

She looked at him and then his hand. She raised her eyebrow when she looks at him giving her a steel glass which has something in a liquid form.

"Daadu, what is this?" She asked as she took the glass in her hand. She smell it and her eyes got wide

"Daadu, if dad's get to know then he will not leave me and you" She said passing her glass to her daadu who just laugh at her face expressions.

"Hahahah! He won't say anything to you or me. You know when he was young, he was nervous too because of his exam results just like you" He said looking at the stars remembering those beautiful moments.

"He always sits here just like where you are sitting and I always sit here just like I am sitting tonight. You both are so alike." He said with a smile on his face as those memories are still fresh and alive