chapter 33

Nabiha pov

Dad picked me up about 9:00pm I had to wait for him, I was thinking he has changed but seems like he hasn't.

I am so tired, we just arrived home he didn't speak to me during the way and I didn't speak to him either.

He parked the car and went out I also went out of the car and followed him into the house, as expected my mom and siblings were waiting for me in the living room.

Others will have welcomed they daughter after being away from home for so long but knowing my family am not going to get the end of it today.

My dad sat on one of the couch while I sat down on the carpet.

My head was down, I didn't want to make eye contact with any of them.

Why aren't they speaking, I thought.

Maybe I should start speaking.

" Good afternoon mom' I muttered.

But still non of them replied, what's up with them are they dumb or deaf I thought

"Where have you been' my mom asked.

What should I tell them.

"Are you deaf" zulaihat said.

I looked at her and just decided to ignore her.

"Am asking you a question' my mom said angrily.

"I ...I...' before I could continue I was slapped on my face.

I looked up and saw it was ya naima.

Tears filled my eyes as I look at her.

" U decided to came back after you have spoiled our family reputation ' she shouted.

"U were supposed to get married but you ran away' zulaihat added.

" Do you know what humiliation dad had to face' zulaihat said pretending to be crying.

She knows if she pretends my dad will get more angry.

"Where have you been' my mom asked again.

"I stayed at a friend's house' I said.

"Who? She asked again.

I know they have contacted all my friends so I will just tell them the truth.

"Fahad Muhammad samli' I said.

And they all burst out laughing, why are they laughing I thought.

"Hey can you stop joking coz we are not in the mood for jokes just tell us were you have been' ya naima said.

"So u want to tell us that u know someone from the samli's family ' my mom said laughing.

"She is crazy" zulaihat said.

Okay, i shouldn't have said that, I should have known nobody will believe me when I say I know fahad Muhammad samli.

.
"Tell us the truth, where have you been' my Mom shouted.

"No need to know dear, what matters is that she is back and can get married to alhaji bakasiso ' my dad said.

My heart skipped a beat after hearing that he still plans to get me married to that old man.

I thought after coming back they won't talk about it anymore, but I guess I was stupid to think that.

My family will never change, they will never love or accept me.

"Yes that's what matters, I think you should contact alhaji bakasiso and speak about the wedding" my mom said.

"I will call him tomorrow, I think the date should be set as soon as possible' my dad said.

"Dad I think they should get married this week" zulaihat said smirking.

I looked at her and she smirked at me.

" You are right my dear' my father said.

"We should start the preparation for the wedding ' naima said.

" Tomorrow we should go the market and buy what will be needed" my Mom said.

"I Will go together with you mom" ya naima said.

"Alhaji bakasiso has already paid her bride price and other things before she ran away, so everything for the wedding has been settled, except the date , after I speak to him tomorrow we shall set the date, and am so he will send us some money so we can get what we need for the wedding ' my dad said.

"Okay ' my Mom said.

"You should go to your room know' my dad said.

I stood up immediately and rushed to my room.

I closed the door of the room and collapse on my bed.

I was just crying I don't know what to do anymore.

I thought after coming back they will treat me more nicely and stop talking about marrying me off to that old man.

But all they care about is money, why won't they care about my feelings for once.

I didn't argue with them because I know no matter what I say they will surely marry me off to that old man.

I don't know what to do anymore.

I have just decided to marry him and accept my faith.

What can I do anywhere nobody can change his faith.

Am tired of this am tired of leaving with a family like them so maybe the old man won't treat me that badly.

Surely after I marry him I will stop loving Fahad.

Fahad, I didn't even say goodbye to him.

By know he must have known I left.

He must surely be angry, or maybe he doesn't even care she he doesn't really like me.

I should stop dreaming about being together with him coz no matter what happens we will never be together.

Nobody will even believe that I knew him, they will all just laugh at me like my family did.

By know he must have forgotten about me but her I am still thinking about him.

I hope he will be happy and get to marry the woman he loves.

Fahad I Will never forget you.

I stood up and went to bathroom the wash my face, after I was done I took my diary and said hii to all my friends on WhatsApp.

They added me back to our group chat.

I spoke to Aaban and told him all that happened except for the part that contained Fahad.

I just told him a woman helped me came back to Nigeria and allowed me to stay at her place.

After I was done I fell asleep.

************

Hey guys

Seems like nabiha is going to get married

Don't forget to vote comment follow and share

Ilham 💜