chapter 9

Fahad pov

I am on my way to my grandparents house today is the day we are having the meeting.

I reach the gate and press the car horn.

The gates were open immediately I press the horn. That bastard has learned his lesson I thought.

I park my car and went out I saw the gateman when he saw me he kneel down and greet me before rushing into his room.

I went into the house and went to the living room upstairs since that's where they always have the meetings.

I saw my dad, mom, grandparents, uncle's, Ya Sadiq and his wife,ya Mubarak and his wife, ya Yasmeen, Jadwa, Ammar and that brat ya Salim.

I went and great my grandparents and parents then I greet my uncle's before I said hi to ya Sadiq and his wife and ya Mubarak and his wife she looks nice. I said hi to Jadwa and Ammar before I sit down I ignored tho two brats.

' As you all already know the reasons for our family meetings, but this time is not only about giving one of you a bride is about saving someone's life ' our grandma said.

Saving someone's life what does she mean by that I thought.

' my step sisters grandchild almost took her life because she loves one of you, so I ask her to come here and show me who she loves among you' our grandma added.

She most be talking about meenat I know the girl we went to the same school even though I was her senior she was always in our class saying she comes to see me but for some reason I don't like the girl she Is arrogant and always uses my family's name so that people will say she is from our family.

I look up and saw her coming into the living room with a bandage on her left hand wrist.

She sat down close to my mom.

" How are you feeling meenat' our grandma asked.

" I am fine hajiya' she replied in a weak tone like she has been sick years.

' even though we are not related by blood with your grandmother she is still like a sister to me' our grandma said.

" The person that is gonna be given a bride is Ammar ' our grandpa said.

I turn to look at Ammar he was smiling he was happy, I was surprised, maybe he loves the girl?

" He and the girl are already in a relationship she is the daughter of one of our business partners her name is hauwa' our grandma said.

I am right he loves the girl he is lucky unlike ya Mubarak I thought.

' well meenat I hope he is not the one you love' our grandpa ask her.

She shook her head.

If it not him then that means is either me or ya Salim I thought. That was when my heart started beating fast .

' that's grate ' I heard Ammar say.

' then can you please tell us the person who you are in love with name' our grandma asked.

She kept quiet and close her face with her palms.

" She is shy ' our grandma said. " Then show us the person ' our grandma added.

She stretch her hand and point at my direction I turn and saw there was nobody there except me.

I stood up and look at my grandparents.

' can you please sit down my dear' my grandma said.

I didn't even bulge.

' Fahad do this for me, you are gonna save a life here and Allah will bless you' our grandma said.

I have already lost my temper.

' I am not getting married to anyone I don't love' I shouted.

' Fahad calm down my dad said .

" Don't tell me to calm down I shout again.

" You don't have a choice Fahad' my mom shouted .

' is my life is my choice I won't marry someone I don't want to marry and of all the women in this world this gold digger I said pointing at meenat .

" Don't insult her Fahad she is like a daughter to me and as your mom said you don't have a choice you are getting married to her the same day Ammar is getting married' my grandma yelled.

This is the first time she yelled at me but I don't care .

" I already told you I am not getting married to anyone I don't love" I shouted.

' have some respect young man' one of my uncle's shouted I didn't know who it was but he continued"  amir is that how you raise your son to be shouting at his elders' I turn and saw it was uncle Aminu.

' Fahad you are getting married to her' my grandparents said in unison.

' I said I won't I shout at them.

Before I could speak again I was slapped in the face, who dares slap me I turn it was my dad, to say I was surprised was an understatement, he has never yelled at me much more slap me, all my life nobody has never raise his hands on me , but today my dad, my protector slapped me.

" Have some respect Fahad they are my parents" he said in a calm tone .

I turn and look at all of the people in the room they were all surprised cause they know how my father treats me he never does anything to me even if I have done something wrong.

I look at my dad I am too stubborn to give up.

' I Fahad amir Muhammad samli will never get married to that bitch, you said she tried to take her life hah, well I won't just try I will take my life' I shouted.

" Fahad calm down I am sorry I raise my hands on you " my dad said .

I didn't wait to listen to what the rest Will say I went out of the living room.

I could hear them shouting my name and ya Mubarak, ya Sadiq and Ammar were following me.
I enter my car and drove out of the house.

Of course I didn't meant what I said  I am not gonna kill my self because of that bitch.

I am Just going to leave the country. I pick my phone and call my friend musa.

" Hello Fahad' he said

" Musa please book a flight for me I am going to New York in the next two days.

Before he could reply I hang up.

I went back home and start packing my stuffs.

My phone has been ringing since I left the house but I just don't ignored it.

************

Hi guys

How is this chapter

Love you 🥰❤️

Ilham 💜

Vote
Comment
Share