🍫∂σ ωε нαvε α ∂εαℓ?🍫

Being Mrs

Being Mrs. Scrubitt's daughter could be incredibly hard sometimes, some people absolutely hating me for her dealings. And other times, feeling pity. But I on the other hand didn't let it phase me. I simply went about my business as usual, and did my best to keep my head above water. I knew how bad things could get here at Scrubitt and Bleachers, especially for the poor people stuck here for an unpaid bill she'd conjure up.

"We have a new one. So don't screw this up dearie." I rolled my eyes in utter annoyance from her sickly sweet tone, just as the poor unfortunate soul entered with Bleacher, and my eyes about went out of their sockets from widening so much. He's too cute to be suckered into this madness.

"Mom? Don't you think this lovely young man would like a room free of charge? I mean he seems to need help...." But before i could say another word, mom swatted me on the back with a glare of her eyes and a spark of anger she usually has, hearing the mock sweet tone coming from my lips. She hated when I belittled her, using sarcasm against her was a forte of mine. But the man seemed humored from it, seeing as how I was really ticking her off. I wish I could tell him to tuck tail and run. But it would end badly for me if I did.

"I really do appreciate you bringing me here

"I really do appreciate you bringing me here. You and your husband are being so kind to me." I nearly chocked on air from how incredibly funny that sounded, knowing mom would flip her gourd from the mere mention of him being her husband.

"Oh he's not her husband. Although I'm really glad you said that because it makes her disgusted." His eyes widened in embarrassment a little, but my smile made him smile none the less. Mom simply glared at me in pure rage at this point, seeing how it was boiling and boiling throughout her.

"Mr. Wonka is in need of help you see? He doesn't have any boarding." Mr. Bleacher sent mom the look he gives when they're about to con another innocent bystander just looking for lodging. And it really ticked me off. I'm usually never compelled to help someone, seeing as how my punishment is severe. But he seemed..... different. Unlike anyone that had ever swung through this crazy place.