🍫ℓαтε ηιgнтs🍫

"Hazel! Pssst! Hazel?" I rubbed my eyes to adjust to my surroundings in the dead of night upon hearing my name whispered from outside my barred window, recognizing the voice as Willy's, the newbie at Mrs

"Hazel! Pssst! Hazel?" I rubbed my eyes to adjust to my surroundings in the dead of night upon hearing my name whispered from outside my barred window, recognizing the voice as Willy's, the newbie at Mrs. Scrubitt's. Unfortunately, he hadn't read the fine print on the damning contract she so lovingly comes up with for suckers like us who don't care to go through all that mess. Of course, I should have, but didn't. I was desperate for lodging. And she was offering. But Willy? He couldn't read. I felt horrible for him. Simply because he'd grown on me.

"What's wrong Willy?" Suddenly, he threw across a line that attached to the wall right outside the window, sliding his hat firmly across it with a glass jar glistening from the light of the moon. Within the beautifully crafted jar, was chocolates, many of the first one I ever tasted that he made when he got here. But atop the circular chocolates, was a note. My eyes connected with Willy's across the way and his smile just beamed at me.

Dear Hazel,
You're the best partner I could have ever dreamed of having! This is only the beginning of your life time supply.

Love,
Willy

My heart seemed to flutter in my chest from the words written so gracefully on the little piece of paper that had once been so delicately folded, looking across at Willy once more with a smile of my own in place

"I'll always be your partner Willy. I've enjoyed my time so far with you!" I whispered into the night so the others wouldn't be awoken from our shared words. But what I had said was absolutely true. Over the course of mere days, I had helped Willy gain some knowledge on reading, learning words and gaining traction of his own by reading my personal writings that I liked to call my short stories. He in turn, would help me as well, us jotting down idea after idea for little, creative stories that were merely dreams. For now at least. Willy, in fact, had become my newest subject. And I rather enjoyed it.

"Well I'm glad to hear you say that! Because I don't plan on losing you. That is, if you'll continue to have me of course." I pulled away for one moment to gently place the jar of chocolates on my rickety bed, one I was certain would fall apart one day from lack of upkeep. But I didn't dare complain in fear of Mrs. Scrubitt adding on more to my so called 'bill'.

"Willy, I'm not going anywhere. We have each other now. And our friends! We're like our own little family. The first real one I've ever had." His genuine smile and heartfelt gestures, have really won me over since he came into my life, so unexpectedly may I add. He seemed so..... different from anyone I'd ever experienced in my life. Yet somehow, it felt like I've known him my entire life. And I'd be lying if I said he wasn't handsome. Because he definitely is in fact, handsome as can be.

"That settles it then! You're my life long partner." For a moment, I felt happy, truly happy. I never expected someone to have such a huge impact on my life. I usually don't let people into my heart because it only leads to utter disappointment. But Willy was different. He was an exception I was willing to let slide because he made me feel something when I usually don't. He has brought me on an adventure of a lifetime. And this was just the beginning of it.