🍫∂εcειvιηg🍫

A new chocolatier in town? I think not! I couldn't let such a thing become what had already been built. Seeing as how I was a proud Prodnose, I knew I must stop this immediately. And thankfully, my dad tasked me with doing so. Turn on the charm, don't mention my family name, be nice at all costs, and don't let him suspect my deceiving ways. Learn his secrets, father said. Or he will be met with a situation in which he dies, his favorite thing to say over and over again. So as I made my merry way to Srubbit and Bleachers, I practiced how I would handle such a situation. I rehearsed what I would say, what I would think, turned on my exact niceness, and would do anything necessary to stop this before it got out of hand. So I softly knocked on the door of Srubitt's with a tad bit of hesitation, not really being fond of these two, but respecting their hustle in a sense.

"What do you..... oh! Miss Prodnose! Do come in." I looked around the open area once stepping inside the seemingly clean building, seeing as Mrs. Scrubitt herself was the only one manning the station it would seem.

"Don't be too loud! My father has tasked me with getting to know one Mr. Wonka. But he mustn't know who I truly am. You understand?" I flashed her what would always be her favorite thing, money, handing it to her once she happily agreed with my little scheme. I normally don't get tasked with cartel work. But seeing as how Mr. Wonka is my age, according to Mr. Slugworth, it would be easier to grow closer to him, find a connection. Which would obviously be a show. But I would do what was necessary.

"Of course I understand! It won't be a problem." Thankfully, hardly anyone would recognize me as Mr. Prodnose's daughter, seeing as how I've changed drastically since I was younger. With my once light blonde hair having been dyed to dark brown, a makeup change and usual clothing, things should be a breeze for me. They certainly went extremely far to make this little plan of theirs work. Dad didn't want to risk anyone knowing me. But Mrs. Scrubitt did because they warned her I would be coming by with some money.

"Good! Then it's settled." We shook hands, and then I ventured upstairs to what she told me was Mr. Wonka's room, looking around to notice how homey he had already made it, clearly an inventor as well as a chocolate maker. And obviously a magician, judging by his little show in the galerie just a mere couple days ago. I myself was rather impressed by his showmanship. But my father and his little cartel were not. Meaning, there was work to be done.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I finally made my way back to the galerie, seeing the hustle and bustle of random pedestrians scattered about what appeared to be a little show going on, knowing it could only mean Mr. Wonka was at the center of it. With a sigh, I made my way to the front of the crowd to see him giving out different chocolates for sovereigns, his little, happy smile and way about him actually kind of charming in a sense. No! You mustn't think like that. Leave it be. You have a job to do.

"Wow! You've certainly outdone yourself haven't you Mr. Wonka? I've heard so much about you. I'm Gail by the way." His eyes greeted mine so warmly as we softly shook hands, his enthusiasm over the moon at this point.

"My name is Willy! But I think you already know that. Would you like a piece of chocolate? You seem like a silver linings kind of girl! You won't be disappointed." He quickly handed me one, before I popped it into my mouth and I couldn't exactly hide how delectable it truly was, savoring every single detail of the chocolate itself.

"Huh..." His eyes beamed with curiosity, his smile only seeming to grow bigger as everyone around us was quickly forgotten.

"Huh?! So you've already got ideas floating around that pretty head of yours." He had no idea. But the fact that he called me pretty wasn't helping matters.

"As a matter of fact I do! Would you want to have dinner with me and here the rest?" It slipped out of my mouth before I could stop the words from happening, but judging by his face, he was rather surprised. But not against it.

"Sure! Let me just grab my things and we can go." Somehow, he had this way about him that couldn't let me look away. His smile, his eyes, something about him was drawing me in. And I didn't like it. We finally walked down to this little restaurant not far from here with outdoor seating, a few couples sitting about to enjoy their weekly date nights. It felt odd sitting with a man, alone just having dinner. But it was oddly nice.

"So tell me about yourself Willy! What you do is fascinating, seeing as how delicious your chocolate is." I propped my chin up in pure curiosity, watching as he tipped his hat off like such a gentlemen. It almost made me feel bad for what I'm doing.

"Well thank you! I'm a chocolate maker as you know. But I'm also an inventor, magician. It all was once a dream I've had since I was a boy. But my mom told me never give up on my dreams. So I'm going for it! And before I know it, I'll be a successful chocolatier with a factory and everything!" Wow. His confidence was enough for the both of us. But I respected it none the less. His enthusiastic eyes, his bright smile and just the way he was, was completely intoxicating in such a weird way to me. I thrived for his kind of look on life.

"Your mom? She's the reason you wanted this? That's really sweet. I imagine she's proud of you." My mom wasn't in the picture anymore, that's why I lost all innocence I think, having dad raising me to be what I am. But judging by the sudden drop in Willy's happiness, I could tell his story wasn't far off when it comes to his mom.

"I know she is! But I lost her. So for her, as well as myself, I want to do this. I know I will do it. And she'll be there to see it. I just know it!" Now I feel like a complete evil being, just trying to stop a poor man who only wants to make his dreams come true. But i couldn't break down. I just.... can't.

"She will, trust me. I imagine she's always with you. And your chocolate is amazing. So you have nothing to worry about." And as we enjoyed a delicious dinner, with some of Willy's giraffe milk macaroons he brought along from leftovers today, I felt incredibly happy. Something I usually don't feel. We just talked and talked until the restaurant closed and we finally had to give up our seats. But I found myself wanting more of him, needing to know more. But what I didn't want to admit, was that it was for myself.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Guys! I can't believe you've gotten these to 2000! It means the absolute world to me, and I can't thank you enough. ❤️