🍫тнε ғιяsт εηcσυηтεя🍫

Breathe

Breathe. Was what I told myself on numerous occasions upon my arrival in this town i now call home. Losing my mother just mere months ago to an illness she'd been battling since I could recall, was tremendously painful to ever experience. The closest thing I had to family was right here where I am now, my aunt and uncle willingly allowing me to stay in there little home they had built 2 years prior. Their main home was so beautiful, along with the one they practically gave me so I wouldn't have to worry about housing in a new place. I lovingly placed a framed photo of my beautiful mother on my bedside table, smiling from the many happy memories I would cherish forever with her.

"I made it mom. I made it...." I kissed the tips of my fingers and gently placed it amongst the frame, my mothers smiling face beaming back at me like a beacon of hope in such a cloudy outlook. I had a feeling in my heart that this would be it, that this little place in England would surely be my magical moment.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I beamed with pure joy from the lovely sight of what would be considered the town square by many, eyeing all the different chocolate shops in sight, something I was not accustomed to by any means. Going into town to get some food for my aunt and uncle while they did their daily ritual was by all means okay with me. It would give me the chance to explore further into the place I would be seeing on a daily basis. To think this town was known for its different selections of chocolate shops it's a wonder, but they didn't scream out to me what so ever. Not like they should. They didn't scream a candy store meant for children, meant for entire families. But that would soon change, whether it was welcomed or not.

I made my way through the bustling crowd that was seemingly gathering around what appeared to be a vacant building, my eyes narrowed in curiosity of what exactly was going on. That's when I saw him. A chocolate colored, worn top hat, and very extravagant clothing, far better than any I've ever seen personally. It suited him. It appeared underneath the hat that he was sporting brown curls, a killer jawline, and green eyes that practically shined within the metaphorical spotlight that was shown on him from the countless people gather around him. His said eyes landed on me within mere seconds of my arrival in front of the crowd, a jar of what appeared to be some kind of candy in his hands. It's as if I couldn't look away once our eyes did connect, and in that moment, I felt..... magic. If magic truly existed, it was within him.

"I've spent the past seven years travelling the world, perfecting my craft. You see I'm something of a magician, inventor, and chocolate maker. So quiet up, and listen down. Nope. Scratch that, reverse it." He said this all while not taking his eyes off of mine, my heart skipping a beat from the mere gaze. Everyone was intrigued by what he had in the jar exactly, but I was more curious about him. He seemingly arrived in town out of nowhere and already sweeping people off their feet.

"What exactly is in the jar? It looks interesting." I crept closer to him with my eyes finally training on the Candy within the jar, never having seen anything like it before. My interest was spiked more than it's ever been.

"This is Hoverchocs! And just as it implies, it can make you take flight. Go on, try it!" His enthusiasm and compassion for his art, had me smiling like a complete idiot, but something about him just made me feel lighter than air. Like I could accomplish anything. I simply took one from his outreached hand, our fingers dancing with one another in an attempt to trade it off to my hand, before I popped the chocolate in my mouth, immediately tasting the explosive flavor, unlike any I've ever tasted before. Not that truly believed the flight part, but the taste was incredible.

"I taste..... Cherry! With a hint of....... strawberry?" He seemed quizzical at my revelation, seemingly happy with the result.

"It's all a matter of what your preference is! You must be a cherry girl. Just wait though, you'll enjoy what's next. Not only will the flavor be enjoyable." Suddenly, my feet slowly left the ground, gradually levitating inch by inch until I was practically floating! I couldn't help but laugh, my smile bigger than it's been since my mother passed. Countless others began to fly along with me, some scared, some confused, some happy.

"Is this a dream?!" I yelled down to him below, my smile never wavering once his own smile matched mine. He was beyond thrilled with what was happening.

"Only if you believe it is. I'm Willy, Willy Wonka!" And with those words, I knew this would change everything.