《Ch 46 Brightest Star 》

•|Author|•

•|Author|•

Anvika's eyes fluttered open as she stretched her arms on the bed. She sat up straight rubbing her eyes to clear her vision. The henna filled hands reminded her of yesterday's events.

She is married now.

An uneasy feeling whirled in her chest. She was anxious yet excited.

How will she inform everyone? Dia will turn berserk and run for Adhiraj's blood.

She knows how her best friend is!

"It's better not to know that our marriage began with a deal." Anvika affirmed herself and her eyes went on the empty and cold side of the bed.

Where was her husband?

"Morning shrimati ji!" Her head snapped in the direction of the source of the voice.

Adhiraj's tall and muscular physique leaned against the door frame cladded in a ribbed black tshirt and pants. He was dressed casually and his hair fell on his forehead. Her breath hitched when he ran his fingers through his hair and pushed them back still a few tendrils lingered.

He raised his left brow at her with a knowing smirk.

Anvika cleared her throat, she was caught checking him out. She blinked rapidly and moved her gaze away from him. She pushed the duvet away and stood up from the bed. She picked up the jar and poured water for herself ignoring his intense gaze and playful smirk.

"Were you checking me out?" He insinuated.

"You are my husband after all. What's the big deal?" Anvika spoke drinking water from the glass eyeing him.

His smirk disappeared as if he wasn't expecting this response.

"What did you say?" Adhiraj asked anticipation clearly in his voice.

"What's the big deal?" She repeated.

"No! Before that!!" He exclaimed with his eyes shining.

"I don't remember." Anvika stated simply and headed towards the washroom.

"What? But you just-" He jeered with wide eyes.

"You are my husband." She repeated looking at him before disappearing in the bathroom and locked the door leaving him baffled.

Adhiraj stood there dumbfounded before a huge grin was etched on his face. He kept his hands on his heart and fell on the bed smiling.