《Ch 40 Dinner》

•|Author|•

•|Author|•

The fleet of cars stopped at the entrance of Silver Grace Paradise Apartments. Anvika looked up at the tall, luxurious building and sighed before unlocking the door of the vehicle to move out.

Eric held her shoulder stopping her in between. She turned to look at him with furrowed brows.

"Pack your stuff. You will be shifting to the Rutherford Mansion." His voice held a command.

"But-

"There's no room for an argument. I can't compromise your security. Not anymore." He whispered the last words staring at her wounds.

"What about Clarissa? If she sees me in this state, she will definitely question us. What are you going to tell her?" Anvika reasoned out with soft eyes.

"I will handle her. She will..." Eric's voice broke as he didn't have the confidence within him. He knew that Clarissa wouldn't be able to handle it.

"The trauma will hit her again hermano." Listening to her words, Eric slightly nodded. He only heard what Clarissa had to go through because of that bastard but Anvika has witnessed that grave situation. He gulped hard. No one knew this better than Anvika did how difficult it was for his Blossom to gain control of her life again and raising their daughter on her own for five years. He cannot afford to push her in that abyss again.

"But you can't stay here." He declared and Anvika raised her brows at him.

"Then where am I supposed to?" She queried.

"Move back to your old home. Again. Your villa." She was about to deny him when he spoke again.

"I know that place holds many memories for you but please understand. It will be easier for us to guard a single house rather than keeping a check on all the residents of this building." His words made absolute sense to her.

"Your old place is much near to the Rutherford Mansion." He looked at her expectantly with soft eyes and she slowly nodded her head in agreement.

Anvika opened her eyes staring at the white ceiling of her old home where she created several beautiful memories. The luxurious modern house she brought in London and designed it along with Clarissa and her Champion by her side.

Eric wanted her to shift here and she was right so she got her stuff and came back. The place seemed empty but not in an eerie way, the warm and fuzzy feeling of being home still lingered there maybe it was just her mind replaying the golden memories or whatever it was Anvika felt glad to have at least some peace after such an adventurous day.