Chapter 166 - Taking off the mask

Start from the beginning

The battle report arrived at Tumoroga's desk, causing widespread anxiety to the people in the court. Tumoroga remained calm in the face of danger, and only sent one person to resolve the crisis.

  That person is Sultan Gu.

He didn't bring any of his own soldiers and broke into the enemy camp alone. Dressed in black clothes wielding a long sword, he beheaded the opponent's leader in the midst of thousands of troops, and then retreated without a trace.

The leader's son succeeded as chief and did not retreat. The next night, Sultan Gu appeared again in the tribe's tent and beheaded the new chief. Each night , he slayed only one person, the leader.

Ten days has passed, and the heads of the ten leaders rolled to the ground. Sultan Gu is like the legendary ghost Shura. Even in a camp that is guarded by an iron wall, he can come and go freely, as if he is in a deserted land. All the tribes that besieged the royal court were frightened by the news and immediately broke out of camp before dawn, turned around and fled back to their tribes, fearing that they would become the souls of the Sultan's ancient sword.

Obviously, Sultan Gu wanted to see Yuchi Bodhidharma and he could go to the palace to see him at any time. Yaoying suspected that Sultan Gu had secretly met him, and they only stayed in Gaochang because she had not yet met Yuchi Bodhidharma.

She had to meet him as soon as possible to avoid delaying it for too long and disrupting Sultan Gu's affairs. Although he was usually elusive, appeared and disappeared without a trace, but he certainly couldn't leave for too long. His absence would undoubtly make a difference to the royal court.

Others might not see it, but she understood what he meant to the royal court.

Tumoroga is a god who makes people willingly follow him. He is noble, sacred, untainted and is respected by all people. As for Sultan Gu, he silently shouldered all the killings, feared, detested, and hated by others. He risked his life for the royal court, his blade dripping with blood, but he remained unseen and never see the light of day.

The wrathful eyes of Vajrapani and the serene gaze of Bodhisattva were both for pacifying for the troubled times.

Yao Ying added in a low voice: "Yang Qian's father is Yuchi Bodhidharma's teacher. He often visits the palace since he was a child. With him around, nothing will happen."

Sultan Gu looked at the charcoal fire and said, "I will escort the princess into the palace tomorrow."
Yaoying nodded. It would be more secure for her if he accompanied her than anyone else.

She waited for a moment, but seeing that he didn't speak again, she guessed that he was waiting for her to respond only about the matter of Haidu Aling. She got up and said, "It's late and cold. General Su, please retire early."

Sultan Gu seemingly frozen figure moved slightly, his chin lifted, and his gaze fell on her face.

Yuan Jue, who was standing in the corner, couldn't help but widen his eyes and hold his breath.

Yao Ying stopped in her tracks, facing Sultan Gu's cold unfathomable eyes, she opened her eyes wide, made a puzzled expression, and her eyebrows trembled slightly. Her light complexion was dazzling, the firelight reflected on and it was delicate and beautiful.

"General?"

Sultan Gu withdraw his gaze and gestured for Yao Ying to sit down. He took of his animal skin gloves from his hands revealing his distinct and slender fingers. Yaoying suddenly realized, bent down and rolled up the clothes on her sleeve. Under the firelight, her fair wrists stretched out to Sultan Gu, looking at him eagerly.