LXXVI -

PRETTY MUCH A LUPIN FAMILY CHAPTER.

I WAS WRITING MY NEXT FANFICTION (ANOTHER REGULUS ONE, I KNOW OOF SO REPETITIVE) AND I GOT INSPIRED. THE NEXT CHAPTER IS ALMOST READY AS WELL (I TAKE SO LONG TO WRITE SMUTS, SORRY).

TW: SUICIDAL IDEAS AND IMPLIED PAST HOMOPHOBIA

If compared to Havard House, Lupin Cottage was far from perfect, both aesthetically and in atmosphere.

"I told you that you should've put your parents in a Retirement Home," Sirius said still sulking.

Apparently, Lyall wasn't homophobic per se, but he still upheld older values, which meant that Sirius and Remus weren't allowed to share a room while living with him, which he insisted to say he would do even if Remus had brought a girlfriend home. He was far too aware that his son was almost in his forties and his virtue had long been lost (he too had studied at Hogwarts and knew what went down in that school), but nothing would happen under his roof with his precious son. Remus didn't like it, he had told Sirius far too much about how his father didn't seem to actually care about him for Sirius to actually get along with his father, but it didn't matter at the moment.

What mattered was that the whole group had left the Havard House and were hiding in St. Davis, Wales. The Lupin Cottage was all that they had.

Hope was more than excited with all the guests, going around with baked goods that she had made by hand, talking again and again about how nice it was for them to be there.

"...you see," Hope continued the night that they had arrived, "it's the first time that Remus brings anyone home."

Remus looked down at his lap in silence, cheeks turning a shade of pink.

"This isn't a social visit, Mummy. We're in hiding," Remus said, still blushed.

"It doesn't matter what it is. What matters is that you came home, and you brought your friends. Sirius I have already seen before and it's good to see him again, hello darling. And you?" she asked Regulus, "Are you his son?"

Regulus shook his head quickly.

"Little brother," he answered.

"Quite the age-gap!" she marvelled.

Remus seemed to want to open his mouth to explain, but Regulus just smiled.

"I think so. But I believe I'm mentally older," Regulus quickly answered before Remus could.

Sirius glared at Regulus by the corner of his eyes.

"And these lovely ladies?" Hope asked, still giggling about Regulus' joke, or just about Regulus in general, Lyall wasn't sure.

Narcissa smiled.

"I'm sorry for being so rude and just invading your home like this, Misses Lupin. I'm Narcissa Black, Sirius' and Regulus' cousin, and this is my son, Draco. Draco, say hello," she said.

Draco forced a smile. He had not liked the house, but had been polite enough to keep himself quiet.

"Hello, Ma'am. Sir," he added to Lyall.

Lyall gave him a stiff nod, still eyeing everybody else in the group.

"I'm Hermione Granger," Hermione said, smiling at the elder couple. "This is Harry Potter."

Harry, only now being reminded that he existed, blinked and finally looked away from the telly (the film seemed interesting for someone that was so exhausted as Harry was) and smiled at the couple as well, gently making his own introduction in a rush to not be impolite.