XIV -

"This can't be him, Moony," said Sirius.

The room was barely lit. Molly had said that a darker room might ease the pain he could have when he woke up, so the curtains had been pulled shut and there was just a couple of candles lit near the chair that Sirius was sitting on. The journals that Cecilia had left scattered around the room had been put together on top of the study-desk against the wall, the draft of a letter to Pandora put underneath of it all by Remus, because 'out of sight, out of mind' and probably that would make Sirius not look for it to read, because searching for it would entail that he would have to move.

"Why?" Remus asked, standing against the wall on the left of the door.

"Because my brother died sixteen years ago, because my brother was a Death Eater that disappeared because he probably fucked something up and got caught, probably tried to overthrow the Dark Lord to have the power himself," Sirius said, sounding as bitter as one could.

"You always think the worst of him," Remus answered, sounding defeated as he threw his head back, resting it against the wall as well.

"And you always try to see the best of people all the time," Sirius said. He blinked slowly in the half-darkness of the room. "That's why you never went to visit me in Azkaban, because if I told you that I didn't do it, you would believe me. You feared you would believe me, because I always said that to you – that you believed too easily and that it would be your downfall one day."

"Well, this isn't about me, though," Remus looked back at Regulus, peaceful unaware of the discussion of his honour happening. "We don't know what happened, Sirius. We don't know anything. But we will."

"How can you be so sure?" Sirius asked.

"Because I told Snape to bring Veritusserum with him," explained Remus. "Dumbledore agreed that it was the most viable option to make sure it was safe to keep him inside the headquarters. We need to know what happened to know what we will do with him. We need to know what Cecilia has done."

Sirius shook his head.

"The girl fell asleep," he argued. "She has nothing to do with what happened here. She was in the wrong place at the wrong time."

"Yes, but why was she here at all?" Remus asked.

Sirius looked away, shaking his head once more.

"We had a small... argument. She came here to get away from me because Kreacher doesn't let anyone inside without permission," he explained, shallowly. "I thought that she needed some time away from everybody. You saw that girl, Remus, she's not one to use Dark Magic freely."

"We don't know that. We barely know her," Remus said.

Sirius frowned. Remus wasn't one to be suspicious of anyone without a reason.

"She can barely stand the smell of the house," Sirius insisted. "She's Brazilian, they aren't taught the same magics as us."

"Exactly. We don't know much of her education," Remus said. "I have heard that they have a very different concept of what's good and what's bad in their magic, they teach Grey Magic in school for children, do you understand how awful it is?"

"For us. I was taught Grey Magic at home," Sirius said. "Moral is a concept which is made to be different amongst different communities, you told me that yourself not too long ago. She wouldn't bring someone back from the dead and then scream her head off when she noticed it worked."

Remus nodded. With that, he agreed. If Cecilia had anything to do with Regulus' sudden reappearance, then she certainly hadn't done that on purpose; with or without the confusing magic that the other countries were taught in their schools.