XXXIV -

BOOK TWO

TW: HORRIBLE FAMILY DYNAMIC (MUMMY ISSUES)

June was already on its 25th day when Cecilia was finally discharged from the Hospital Wing, under the conditions that she would not use magic besides the necessary for the rest of the month and that she would rest well and eat every three-and-a-half hours. Molly Weasley made sure to listen to that last part well enough.

With Adriana, Cecilia and Cynthia going to The Burrow (after all, Grimmauld Place was under the Fidelius Charm and Sirius Black, now under trial, was hidden in there), the Weasleys were quick to prepare themselves. With an extension charm in one of the rooms, Adriana and her daughters had a room to share, much to Adriana's annoyance, who had wanted to work through the night to catch up with her job, but couldn't otherwise her kids wouldn't sleep in a lit-up room.

To Cecilia's happiness, her mother left her alone for the rest of the day, Cynthia and Ginny dragged her to Ginny's room and they stayed together, witch Cecilia translating between the two, who seemed to be getting along quite well. Cynthia went on about school and how everybody was being so nice to her and Ginny went on about the guys that she had gone on dates that year, Cecilia just translated, more than happy to be ignored. However, all her happiness was over at eight-something in the morning by her mother waking her up.

"Que?" she asked, confused and looking around for Cynthia, who was still asleep.

"Up," Adriana said. "Dumbledore will be here for lunch and Molly asked for your help downstairs."

"Molly?" she asked, still confused.

Adriana sighed, sitting at the edge of the bed of her daughter.

"Yes, Molly Weasley, your cousin-in-law," Adriana said as if she was a stupid child. Cecilia blinked a few times before pushing herself to a sitting position. "She wants help to make lunch, she asked for you and Ginny specifically. Have you been helping her in the kitchen, like I told you to?"

"Yes," she answered. "Why are we talking in English?" she asked. "Nobody's here to understand."

"It's more comfortable to me," Adriana answered.

And that was true. As an Irish woman born and raised, she certainly felt a lot more comfortable talking in English than in Portuguese, however her husband wanted their daughters to be brought up in the language of his country (and the country that they lived in) so English had always been on second plan on their house. She liked the sound of Portuguese and was quite happy to have at least one of her daughters use her maternal language, even if it was Cecilia.

"Alright," was all that Cecilia answered as she put her face in her hands, scrubbing it to wake herself up. "Dumbledore's coming? Why?"

"I gave you a day off, now you all need to tell me what is happening and why the hell you were inside the Ministry of Magic without any permission in the middle of the night," Adriana answered. "You might be 17, but you're still underage in the country you were born and raised in and still my daughter, so you owe me an explanation to why you're putting your own life in danger."

"Mamãe –" started Cecilia.

"No. Don't 'mummy' me, I'm being firm and this is my decision. It's just me now, and I deserve to know," she said.

They exchanged looks as Cecilia raised her head, looking into her mother's light eyes. Vulnerability. Vulnerable side of a woman that Cecilia wasn't sure that she had met completely.