XXXIX -

A BIT OF ANGST AND CECILIA STARTING TO SHOW HER BIGGEST FLAW: CONFRONTRATION-AVOIDANCE BECAUSE SHE'S A MESSY BITCH, BUT NOT THAT MUCH - SHE LIKES TO SEE OTHER PEOPLE'S MESS, NOT HER OWN. 

LEAVE A COMMENT. LEAVE A SUGGESTION.

IT'S A HOLYDAY HERE IN BRAZIL, SO I'M HOME THE WHOLE DAY AND VERY BORED, SO PLEASE, LEAVE LOADS OF COMMENTS SO I HAVE SOMETHING TO DO.

Regulus thought Wuthering Heights to be too sad even for him, who seemed to enjoy to dwell on other people's sadness so to ignore his own. The people were well written to a certain extent, but the whole story took him aback.

"This is horribly sickening," Regulus complained.

"Well, it's Bronte," Remus answered, sitting not too far away from him, reading his own book. "Why did you pick that one, if you weren't interested."

"It was... recommended to me," Regulus lied.

Thomas had mentioned it and he had been swallowing down the book as fast as he could to not make the same mistakes that the characters had made, as Thomas had implied would happen. It was out of pettiness, he insisted mentally, not out of fear of actually messing things up in the already in odds friendship he had constructed with Cecilia.

"What chapter are you in?" Remus asked, looking away from the poetry book in his hands to look at the book in Regulus'.

"Sixteenth," he grumbled. "She's dead, and so is her daughter. Her husband is alone and the other guy is devastated."

"Yes, Muggles tended to do that a lot in childbirth at the time," Remus answered.

"This is ghastly," Regulus complained. "I don't think this bloke has the right to be so sad; it's not even his wife and he's –"

"Be with me always – take any form – drive me mad!" someone said from the library doors. He looked over his shoulder as Remus' smile shook in his lips. Cecilia stood at the door beside Kreacher, who seemed happy with the company. "Only do no leave me in abyss, where I cannot find you! Oh, God! It is unutterable! I cannot live without my life! I cannot live without my soul!"

"Spot on!" Regulus praised.

"I liked Wuthering Heights when I was younger, I liked the film. I thought it made me sound edgy," she explained. "Not a good love story, but a wonderful moral tale, if you pay attention enough."

He didn't ask the moral she got from it. Don't fall in love with bastards? Don't get co-dependent from your step-brother/lover?

"Is your little boyfriend in the film? The bloke we went to watch on the moving pictures?" Regulus asked.

She chuckled. "No. I wish! No actors that I'm particularly in love with in this film, but a very good watch." Her eyes turned to Remus, eager to make him talk to her, which he hadn't been doing; well, he hadn't been talking to her or Sirius at all. "Have you watched it?"

Remus was mature enough to know that it wasn't Cecilia's fault. Not only she didn't know of the relationship that he had with Sirius, but she was a young and acted more mature than most kids her age – she and Hermione had been the only ones to insist the other children to get in contact with the House to see if Sirius was in. And yet, he didn't trust his own emotions to deal with her without somehow hurting her feelings, so he was waiting until the full-moon week was over so he could talk to her without feeling like screaming at her because of each and every mistake that she had ever made in her life. With Sirius, however, the situation was different; Sirius was old enough to know that he had to communicate something as important as someone making such clear advances to him to his boyfriend, after all it wasn't like Remus wasn't there and it wasn't like Remus hadn't asked what had happened to make Sirius to awkward near the girl that he had been getting along so well before and Sirius had always said that it was nothing.