XVII -

HERE WE ARE WITH ANOTHER CHAPTER. I HOPE YOU ALL LIKE. MY LAST DAY OUT OF WORK BEFORE I NEED TO GO BACK, SO IT'LL SLOW DOWN AGAIN, SORRY ABOUT THAT. IT'S NOT TOO LONG, BUT SOON AFTER THIS, CECILIA WILL BE IN HOGWARTS SO WE NEED TO MOVE A BIT QUICKER.

SO HERE WE GO TO CECILIA-REGULUS START OF FRIENDSHIP.

"It's terribly embarrassing for him, surely," Cecilia was saying, picking at the grapes in the small plate on her lap, looking at Regulus, was sitting without help against the headboard, wounds a lot better than before. "Sirius seems to know how pathetic it is for him, he's trying to hide it, but it's not working as well as he thinks it is. Even Harry noticed and Harry is quite clearly one of the most oblivious people I have ever met."

"Quite like his mother, then," Regulus grumbled, picking at his gelatine. "Never met a woman as oblivious as she was. Took her years to notice that Severus Snape was in love with her and a few more years to noticed that James Potter wasn't kidding around about the feelings he had for her. Oblivious, certainly."

She smiled.

"She sounds like quite the character," she admitted.

"She could be," he dismissed. "I wasn't close to her, but I knew a few gossips here and there. She seemed to be a fun person and a good friend."

"Harry would certainly like to know it," Cecilia said. "He doesn't seem to know a lot about his parents, just what Sirius and Remus tell him, and they're clearly very biased on the situation, but I suppose it's better than nothing at all."

They both went quiet for a second. Both of them had grown up with both their parents there, even if they were not as present as they had wished them to be, yet they knew what they looked like and their reactions to specific things. It's known that you only truly know someone when you can know what they will react to situations and things, both of them were able to do so.

"Sirius has always been a selfish person, it doesn't surprise me at all that this is his reaction, though I'm glad that he's trying to hide it, it's something better than what he would've done when he was younger, that shows that he learnt something after all," Regulus started the conversation once more. "But I must understand his side as well; he's stuck inside this house that he's hated even when he was young and all these memories are lopping into his brain. I can't blame him for creating hopes and scenarios in his mind when it's the only thing he has to pass the time."

"He certainly wanted Harry to live here with him, he wanted to teach him everything and create his own family," Cecilia admitted. "I suppose I can't blame him for wanting some happiness after so much darkness."

Regulus nodded.

"Twelve years arrested for a crime he didn't commit, no trial before he was thrown to the edge of the world," he commented to himself. "I cannot find in myself a reason for my mother not to fight for him."

"He ran away," was her answer.

"Yes, but if Mother received word that he had managed to kill several muggles, betray his best friend to Voldemort and was arrested without a trial, she certainly would step in right away and not let them go through with it," Regulus said. "Perhaps, with some luck, so she would even be proud of him."

Cecilia shivered, hating how she could see those things happening.

"There must be a reason," she said.

"Whatever it was, I doubt that Mother was aware of everything that was happening around her, if he let her Black name be sullied in the way that it was," he said. "To be in Azkaban is a great disgrace, but to be thrown in there without a trial is simply unjust – hating my brother or not, she would never allow him to drag the Black House through such shame and would help him out."