XXVI -

MY CAT PASSED AWAY A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO AND I HAVE GONE TO THE BEACH WITH MY FAMILY TO MAKE AN OFFERING TO IEMANJÁ IN THE NAME OF MY GRANDMOTHER, WHO PASSED AWAY YEARS AGO, DURING HER BIRTHDAY. THE CAT USED TO BE HERS BEFORE HE WAS MINE; I THINK HE WENT TO JOIN HER AS A BIRTHDAY GIFT TO HER LOL. IT'S SAD, BUT HE WAS ALMOST AS OLD AS ME, SO IT WAS EXPECTED.

NOW, TO THE CHAPTER.

TW: RELIGIOUS TONE OF THE CHAPTER, NOTHING TOO PUSHY DON'T WORRY, JUST CECILIA BEING RELIGIOUS, WHICH IS PART OF HER CHARACTER. REGULUS IS PRESENT AND JUST LISTENS TO THE STORY, HE DOES NOT PARTICIPATE ON ANY TYPE OF RITUAL.

There was no denying that Flitwick standing beside her bed, shaking her awake as she heard Emma quickly putting on a hijab inside the closed curtains of her bunk were not the way that she had expected to wake up, especially because there was no light outside yet. It was still night. Flitwick was still in his pyjamas.

"What?! What? What happened to my sister?" Cecilia blurted out as she sat down, holding the sheets around her bust.

"Miss Salazar, I was told to wake you up and take you to the Headmaster's Office. Dress yourself, it's cold outside," Flitwick said, taking a step back and making sure not to look towards Emma's bed as Constance stood near the door in fear, she had been the one to unlock the door when Flitwick said it was an emergency. "It's of the upmost importance that you are fast, Miss Salazar."

"Is my sister alright?" she asked, getting up from the bed and reaching for the outer-robes and putting them over her sleeping-clothes. "Is she dead? Is my mother dead?"

"This is about your cousin," Flitwick said. "I've been told that he's in St. Mungus. His wife is your guardian in the mean-time and she's coming to pick you and your cousins up. We'll send your belongings behind you. Now come."

She nodded, tying the robes around herself.

"Connie –"

"I'll fix your things up, don't worry. Go," Constance said with a nod.

"I'm sorry for the midnight adventure you didn't ask for, Miss Burke and Miss Harlow. I'll be on my way," Flitwick said. "Follow me once you have your shoes on, Miss Salazar."

Flitwick walked through the door, going down to the Common Room as Cecilia sat down to slip her shoes on.

Emma put her head out, some hair escaping from under her veil as she looked around in confusion. She was about to ask what was happening when Constance shook her head, urging her not to as Cecilia stumbled towards the door.

"He can't just come in here like –" Emma started.

"Go," Constance insisted, cutting her friend off.

Emma went quiet.

Without an answer, Cecilia walked out through the door, going down as fast as possible towards the Common Room. She almost tripped down the stairs, but held onto the floor before she hit her head. She got up and quickly made her way through the corridor, appearing at the Common Room.

"Professor?" she called out.

Flitwick leaned away from the window that he had been watching. He looked tired.

"Come on, Miss Salazar. Make haste," he insisted.

She had no idea what 'make haste' meant, but she made to follow him as quickly as she could, which wasn't that hard since he had shorter legs than he cared for. Through all the way to the Headmaster's Office, Flitwick said nothing at all to her, even when she asked what had really happened.