XLIV -

MY EXAMS ARE SO CLOSE AND I DIDN'T EVEN START STUDYING, SO I JUST KNOW I'LL FLUNK IT LOL. I DID AN AUDITION TO WICKED (BRAZILIAN VERSION, OF COURSE), BUT I DON'T THINK I GOT ANYTHING, BUT I DID PASS THE FIRST ROUND, SO AT LEAST THAT WAS A NICE STROKE TO MY EGO. THE LIFE OF AN ACTRESS IS A SAD ONE, BUT MAYBE ONE DAY YA'LL SEE ME ON TV OR SOMETHING LMAO

ANYWAYS; HERE'S THE IMPORTANT THING:

PINTEREST BOARD:  https://br.pinterest.com/INFPwritter2807/beija-flor-hummingbird/

SPOTIFY PLAYLIST: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7awSrO0GzhrKnHm6BVvPDX?si=4f5bba384f584994

(there are Brazilian songs that sooo get on with the story in the playlist)

Regulus fixed his formal dress-robes around his waist. He had gained a bit of weight since he had last used it (at least two decades before, even though to him it was less than a year), but it still fit well enough, or so he thought by the way that Cecilia was watching by the doorway, arms crossed and a smile on her face.

"Don't you look dashing," she teased.

"Thank you," he said. "Dashing won't help, though. I need to look honest."

"Nobody looks honest in formal clothes, especially people that were made to be politics, dear Heir of the House," she said, walking into the bedroom and helping him with the back of the robes, which had rolled up a bit. "I'm not saying that you need to flirt your way, but looking handsome might help you."

He smirked.

"You think I'm handsome?" he asked.

She looked at him using the mirror and rolled her eyes.

"If I didn't think you were handsome, Remus wouldn't be watching us like a hawk whenever he's home," the teasing tone seemed to disappear as she let go of the robes. "Now, I'm being completely serious here, pay attention to the people in the jury; they have tells just like everybody else, find them before going up to the stand and use them," she said. "Mister Harvey and his assistant have been keeping a tab on them, they might have information. Maybe a mother or a father are there, use your horrible childhood stories. If someone that is very connected to their family is there, use how you felt like it was your duty to stay – stay so your brother could go, like you said in your journal."

Regulus nodded to himself, looking away from her eyes watching him in the mirror. He was uncomfortable with how Cecilia had learnt how to do find those tells in the jury and how terrifying it was that she had held onto the possibility of doing it again to the point that she remembered how to do that.

"I wish you could come with us," he said, turning to her.

"I wish I could go with you, too," she answered. "But, at least, Remus will be there as well."

"Remus Lupin can't help me much," he said.

"Mister Harvey, then," she offered.

That brought a frown to his face.

Cecilia clearly hadn't noticed the way that Thomas Harvey would look at her whenever she wasn't looking or the way that he seemed to hang onto every word of hers when she would ask him a question. Regulus really didn't like it and it distracted him from the questions he was supposed to train, but Harvey was the best of lawyers and one that Dumbledore and the Order trust.