Chapter 31

"You must have gotten perfect by now, haven't you?"

"Yeah alot."

"Make lots of dua. Inshaallah I will provide you more work soon enough." Murat replied with a voice full of hope.

"Main jitnaaa is kaam se bhaag rahi thi, ye kaam utnaaa mere peeche aa raha hai." (The more I was running away from this work, the more its coming after me.) I whined while roaming at the terrace. Zoe was busy with her phone in another corner. 

"Yeah its okay. You can't say no to me anyways." Murat teased me.

"I had-"

"Now listen-"

"thought-"

"Maybe the work load can increase up to 10 articles per day."

"10-"

"I will tell you the details if that happens."

"10!" I was still standing in shock whereas he was busy knitting his dreams.

"Yeah. And then you are stuck with me." He chuckled.

I sighed.
I mean I would love to be stuck with you but not in this way.

"I'm currently negotiating with the client about the details. Let's see how it goes."

"And time limit-" I was about to ask him when he interrupts me again.
He was interrupting me a lot today.

"Now don't pray for the deal to get cancelled. Instead pray for a good finalized deal." His smile was visible through his voice.

"Yes I will pray exactly the opposite," I laughed.

"Great. You want me to have a loss and get a stain on my reputation, don't you? What a supporting girlfriend I have." He responded sarcastically.

I whined, "Arey, what was the need of taking this work when you already had lots of piling up?"

"Arey, just wait and watch." His excitement and happiness was visible through his voice. The way he was talking passionately about the work.
Especially on the 'us working together' part.

Apni excitement me mujhe bhi marwayega ye ladka.... 
(This boy will get me killed in his excitement...)

"The thing is, I don't have the right people by my side." He continued. 

"Achha."

"The ones who do the work exactly like how I want."

"Hmm."

"Now tell me, how can it be counted as a helping team if I have to repeat my guidelines to them in every 10 mins, don't do this, don't do that, even in the simple steps! In the end I would prefer doing it myself if my mental energy is getting drained anyways."

"Hmm."

"But here in your case, I gave you all the necessary guidelines. You grasped the work, asked the necessary queries and now you handled everything perfectly on your own, submitting the work on time. I didn't had to waste my mental energy on you. That's what I mean. I was looking for someone exactly like you."

"Hmm." Butterflies danced in my stomach at the last line.
Gosh, you just want to romanticize everything Hayat, don't you?
And why not?
It's Murat Ahmad.

"You actually helped me, not drained me."

"Yeah I got your point. But...," I give a small tired laugh, "I can't manage the work load of the whole team na?"