Chapter 8

Murat's POV*

"I have sent you that document, go through it once," Aamir said to me as I was busy with my laptop.

I gave him a nod and continued back to my work.

"Also, did you talk with her?"

My fingers stopped typing and I looked up at him. "Not again," I huffed and picked up the iPad to search for a file.

"Murat, don't be so stubborn. You should at least apologize to her for what you did."

"It's over," I said in a monotone.

"I'm not saying to have a relationship, but at least sort things out with her. If you were just any random person for her, she wouldn't have tried to clear up things even after your argument. Everyone fights, but that doesn't mean breaking off everything."

"She was getting attached."

"And that's why it would have hurt her more."

I covered my eyes with my arm and leaned back on the chair.

"Just at least talk to her."

I sighed.

When received no response, he got up and left after saying, "Think about what I said."

.
.
.

***********

Since the cutoff, Aamir doesn't leave a chance to keep reminding me of her even if I try to distract myself with work.

I know what I had meant to her, and what she had meant to me.

I read it all in her letter.

But I also know contacting her again, would make her attached to me again. Which I clearly don't want.

I don't want to break her heart.

She is too precious.

But he is right.
I may have hurt her.
No matter what were my intentions, she must have definitely not expected my rude response.

Anyways, I should probably get back to my work.

I opened 'new requests' to check the recent client's message when an account named 'daki' pinged me.

'I have a question.'

'Yes?' I replied.

'Wow, that was quick.'

'Do I know you?'

'Not really.
I just wanted to ask.
Are you heartbroken?'

Why is everyone hell-bent on making me miss her?

'Not exactly.
But you can say.'

'I see.
Can you tell me about it?
If you are comfortable?'

'And why are you interested in knowing?'

'Actually, I write stories and my senior has given me the 'emotional' genre this time instead of thriller and suspense.
I'm not so good with emotional stuff so just thought to ask people's stories'

'Okay. But I'm sorry, I don't share things with strangers.'

'You can change that habit now :) '

'I don't want to :) '

'Okay, no problem :)
But do ping me if you change your mind in case.'

'Okay'

.
.
.