Chapter 3

One night, he was in a shayrana mood. She sucks at shayri but loves to listen to them, especially ever since she met him. Soon he started saying some because she insisted. Little did she know they were all for her.

"Ab tak jo main likhta tha, aaj khushi hai ki tujhe suna raha hu," his deep voice rang in her ears.
(Whatever I used to write till now, I'm glad today I can share all of it with you)

"Wah. Are these some quotes or have you written them?" she asked him, quite impressed by his words

"I made them just now. On the spot."

"Ohh. I can't write a single word. I just can't understand what to write."

"That means you haven't loved anyone truly. Or haven't got your heart broken."

"Meh!" she made a face recalling her shitty experience which was one-sided.

"Because once you truly fall in love with someone, words come out from your heart automatically."

"I see."

"Ji. Tum ek baar krke to dekho."
(Yes, try falling in love once)

"Achha. Kisse kru? Tumhe to karni nahi hai." (Oh, with whom? You don't want to love anyone)

"Mohabbat ki nahi jaati, ho jaati hai. Vo alag baat hai main darta hu tujhe khone se." He concluded their talk, melting her heart once again.
(We don't love anyone, we fall in love with them. It's a different thing that I'm afraid to lose you)

She kept silent, waiting for him to continue.

"What happened?"

"Nothing. I was just waiting for you to say more."

"Arey bol to di. Ab kya parche likhdu. Had karti ho tum bhi," he chuckled.
(Arey it's completed. Now shall I write books? Seriously so done with you!)

"Oh, it was just that? I thought there were more," she giggled.

.
.
.

**********

She was doodling in her college register when she recalled a conversation with him.

~~~

He was talking about a game with his friend when she picked up the call.

"Haa badia nishana lagta h usme"
(Yes, the target gets a good shot in it)

"Kaha nishana laga rahe ho"
(Where are you targeting?)

"Tumhare dil pe"
(On your heart)
He was a master at making anything flirty.

"Uffo, miss hogya"
(Uffo, it got missed)

He chuckles at her reply. "Acha miss hogya" (Oh it got missed)

"Ha miss hogya dubara try kro"
(Yes, try again)

"Areee dubara try krne ki ijazat bhii dedii."
(Areee you even permitted me to try again)
He laughs again, but then continues in all seriousness, "Agar nishana marne pe agye na" (if I will come to hit the aim)

"Hmm?"

"To dil zakhmi ho jayga tumhara"
(Then your heart will get wounded)

"Acha"

"Or hum chahte nhi tumhara dil zakhmi ho"
(And I don't want your heart to get wounded)

"Kyu?"
(Why?)