➣ one

▽ Paint A Smile By Jasmine Villegas

               ➣ one

The sound of her wedges clanked against the wooden floor that trailed all the way to the front door.

''Alright Mom! I'm heading over to Jessica's'' She announced while opening the door.

I took a deep breath and stood from my spot on the floor to take a few steps towards the hall.

''No, you're not. You're aunt is coming over and I'm pretty sure it would mean alot to her if you were here'' I restricted.

''Which aunt? Apparently I have four?'' She interrogated annoyingly. She slammed the door shut and went to the kitchen with me following her.

''About you're height, strawberry blonde, fashionable'' I hinted as I leaned against the island.

''You better be talking about me''.

We turned to tune our attention on the one and only, Lydia Martin.

''Aunty Lyd's'' She cheered, walking over to her to give her a hug. The two stopped to notice each other's height differences.

''Ah, you're wearing wedges.. Oh My God You're Wearing Wedges!'' Lydia realized, wrapping her arms around her waist.

''It's the closes I've got to a heel'' She remarked. I closed my eye's and sat on the stool.

They broke from the hug and Lydia looked around to spot Hunter.

I don't know what the hell went wrong with Stiles condoms that day, but it wasn't useful because I gotten pregnant again. Now, I have a seven year old son name Hunter West.

''Hi baby'' She greeted, picking him up from the couch to give him a hug.

''I think I'm to old for this'' He commented as she swung him around.

''You're never too old for me. Speaking of old, how old do you think you are dressed like that?'' She questioned Ariella.

She wore a black sleeveless crop top, white denim shorts, a pair of white wedges.

''Lydia, don't start sounding like mom. Girl's wear these-''.

''Girls whose not under the age of fourteen'' Lydia interrupted.

''Why didn't you say anything?'' She asks, completely putting me on the spot.

I slyly smirked. ''I figured you would''.

She rolled her eye's. ''Go back and change''.

''Why does it matter anyway? I can't go where I wanna go because of mom'' She muttered in frustration.

''Stop being disrespectful and change'' I snapped.

The whole attitude thing has passed on to her. Before I was pregnant, I was always carrying an attitude and did the opposite of what anybody said.

''Where were you gonna go?'' Lydia questions softly.

''A friends. Why?''.

Lydia snorted and waved it off. ''Go ahead. Just change first''.

''Please Aunty Lydia, For The Sake Of Humanity Let Me Go!'' Hunter yelled, desperately trying to rip away from her grip.

She demonized her voice. ''Never''.

She stuck her head into his neck and blew before playfully throwing him onto the couch.

I laughed as she proudly walked over.

× × ×

''Ariella seemed to grown with quite a mouth'' Lydia observed as she bounced the Lipton tea bag in her cup

I shrugged my shoulders. ''Runs in my blood''.

''So.. How's everything been?''.

I'm pretty sure that's the question you're all curious about.

After Stiles left, we all had no choice but to finish off our final months of high school. After graduation, everyone was off and I was here to just finish my education online.

Because I have a life of a single mother to live, I finished my courses online early to give me enough time to handle the rest of my responsibilities.

Difficult? Hell yeah.

''Hasn't been easy. But I gotten things handled'' I stated.

''Oh, I have some news. Guess the two lucky couple that are engaged and is coming back home to have their wedding?'' She squealed in delight.

I smiled faintly. ''Do I even have to?''.

''It's Kira and Scott''.

I gaped in shock, truly happy to know that their still together. What those to have is true love.

''But.. Guess whose also coming home'' She added, her tone softening.

''Lydia, Stiles is obviously gonna come back sooner or later and I'm okay with that'' I defended.

''So you're ready to see the guy next week? The guy who left you for no valid reason? The guy who left you heartbroken for months? The guy who left you're daughter and unborn son?'' She questioned, eyeing me for any signs of negative emotions.

''We're adults Lydia. The most mature thing I can do is to try and keep my distance'' I reasoned, taking a bite of leftover chocolate cake.

''Now why don't we talk about Hunter?''.

I laughed with a snort following along.

She shook her head and licked her lips. ''That boy looks like he came out of Scott's vagina born with a mixture of his and Stiles' sperm''.

I held my laughter back for a moment but my smile was very evident. ''Man that's my kid we talking about here''.

× × ×

''I Don't Wanna Watch A Repeat Of The Fosters!''.

I rolled my eye's and entered Ariella and Hunter's room.

''What's going on?''.

''She wants to watch The Fosters'' He snapped.

Ariella shot up from her bed. ''And he want's to watch some lowsey show on Disney XD''.

''How about you both settle to an episode of Family Guy?'' I suggest. The con's of having different gender kids sharing rooms.

''Robot Chicken comes on after that, and you know how disgusting it is'' She informed with a pout.

''We have a Roku stick. That stick has Hulu, put Family Guy on there''.

Before they even had the chance to respond, I closed the door and walked over to the kitchen to grab a snack.

''Perfect girl I needed to see''.

Alice came over and sat on the island.

''I need to learn how to keep my doors lock'' I mumbled, reaching for a box of Special K bars, flavoured with pretzel and chocolate bits.

''Seems like everyone is coming home. Riley is coming back tomorrow''.

I jumped to see if I could reach the box but it was no use.

''I even have to pick her up from the airport tomorrow. I gotta clean the house and I still have to watch Hunter and Ariel and- Juliet if you're not gonna listen at least just say so'' Alice rambled.

I stopped throwing spoons at the box and turned to Alice.

''Unless you're gay, stop fretting. I am having short people problems right now and I am hating Derek for putting my shit on a high shelf! Where the hell are Ariel's wedges when you need them?'' I snapped.

She pursed her lips and got up. She entered the kitchen and grabbed it for me.

I snatched it from her grip and grabbed two bars. One is never enough.

''Thank you''.