Chapter Twenty Four

So maybe climbing through Evangeline's window wasn't the best idea I've ever had

So maybe climbing through Evangeline's window wasn't the best idea I've ever had. I had this thought when I was halfway up the wooden cladding that covered part of the wall near Evangeline's window.

Thankfully she had left her window slightly open so I should be able to pull it open and climb inside.

I have no idea what this girl was doing to my head, never in my life had I gone through all this effort just for a girl I haven't even slept with yet. Even when I was a teenager I had never put in effort like this for a girl.

Finally hauling myself up into the room I let out a deep breath and took a seat on the bed. My shoulders and arms were burning, after an hour long game, a warm up and now climbing up a wall and through a window I was in desperate need of a massage but that would have to wait. I needed to know what was going on with Evangeline, she never usually acts like that with me so I wanted to get to the bottom of it.

I had only been waiting for about ten minutes before I heard the slamming of the front door. The house practically shook with the strength she slammed the door with, she was definitely in a mood.

Her bedroom door swung open and before I got the chance to say anything she was letting out a scream. My ears ring at the sound and I wince slightly.

Okay maybe sneaking into a girl's room and sitting on her bed whilst she didn't know I was here wasn't a great plan.

Once she realised that it was me and not a murderer her screams stopped and instead she turned to glare at me.

Not caring that she was glaring at me I wasn't wasting time as I matched her glare.

"You are going to sit here and tell me what the fuck has you acting like a child" I watch as her lips roll together as she tries to stop the look of anger from crossing her face but I know her well enough.

"And if I choose I don't want to?" She asks, popping her hip and raising an eyebrow at me.

Most of the time I enjoy her sass and her feisty personality but this isn't one of those moments.

"You don't get a choice. Now come here" I demand.

I watch her hesitate but I know that this tone of voice always makes her do what I want. Her hesitation was longer than usual, making me raise an eyebrow at her.

"Evangeline" That was what she needed to start walking towards me.

Her head was hanging low as she avoided my eyes, my legs were spread open as I waited for her to stand in between them but she stopped short.

"If I pull you onto my lap are you going to resist me?" I ask wanting her look at me, she keeps avoiding my eyes but she nods her head.

I let out a sigh and ran a hand through my hair, what the hell had I done to piss her off so much?