Chapter Fifteen

The next game rolled around and it was the first one of the season that wasn't at our home ground which meant a day of travelling, staying in hotels and being in an unfamiliar environment

The next game rolled around and it was the first one of the season that wasn't at our home ground which meant a day of travelling, staying in hotels and being in an unfamiliar environment. All things that I wasn't looking forward to in the slightest.

Everyone was set to meet at Centre Bell where the team's bus was going to take us to the city we were playing in. Thankfully the city was only two hours away so we didn't have to fly like we were going to have to later in the season.

"Eva hurry up we need to leave" I rolled my eyes at the sound of my dad's voice and shoved the last few things into my suitcase. We were going to be away for a couple of days so I needed to pack quite a few things.

"Coming" I shouted back when I heard the sound of the car engine start up. Hauling my suitcase down the stairs with an injured leg was not the smartest move but I wasn't the smartest girl.

"Why didn't you ask for help?" My dad sighed as he grabbed the suitcase off me at the front door and placed it in the trunk of the car.

"Ready to visit Thunder Bay?" Ma asks as we start to pull out of the driveway and follow the familiar route to the rink.

"It'll be nice to be somewhere new for a few days and to get the ropes of what happens on away games" I spoke out as I messaged Indigo.

It didn't take us long before we arrived at the rink and all the players were lingering outside chatting to one another. I climbed out of the car and winced at the twinge in my leg, Ma gave me a sympathetic look as she watched the pain on my face.

"Shortcake" The familiar voice sounded behind me and an arm was wrapped around my shoulder. Looking up I saw the familiar ginger that had become one of my closest friends.

"Hey ginge" I pinch his side with a grin on my face.

"You going to sit with me on the bus?"

"What are we in school? No way, rookie, I'm sitting by myself. I've got work I need to do before we get there" he let out a sigh and gave me puppy dog eyes thinking that would ever work on me.

I just chuckled and shoved his arm off me. I felt the burning gaze of someone looking at me and turned to see Dallas glaring daggers, nothing new. I turned my head away from him trying not to blush at his gaze, I still was not happy with my revelation that I had a thing for Dallas.

"On the bus" Dad shouted out and everyone started to move to get on the coach.

I walked on and found a seat at the back of the bus and put my bag on the other seat so that no one sat with me. I had a lot of work I needed to do and had to stretch my leg out for the ride.

On the other side of the aisle I couldn't help but tense up as Dallas took a seat.

"What?" He grumbled as I stared at him.