Chapter Nine

I woke up the morning of the game with a throbbing hand

I woke up the morning of the game with a throbbing hand. As much as I didn't regret punching that perverted frat boy, I wish he didn't have such a solid jaw. I looked down at it and saw that my knuckles had slight bruising around, I knew as soon as my parents saw the bruises they were going to ask questions and I couldn't be bothered to deal with that this morning.

I got out of bed and headed to the bathroom so that I could get ready for today. I didn't have any particular work that I needed to do today but it was the first game without new sponsors so I needed to be there to post some pictures on social media and of course make sure Dallas didn't step out of line.

Thinking of Dallas my mind drifted to our interaction in the kitchen last night. That man honestly gave me whiplash with how he acts. There's moments were he is being extremely sweet, like taking care of my hand or helping me skate again but then it's like a switch goes off in his brain and he becomes an arsehole again. It is the most irritating thing I have ever experienced, I don't understand why he can't just be nice.

The way he was looking at me last night was also something I had never seen from him before, I had seen that look before in a lot of men's eyes but never his. I know that I'm a pretty girl and I use that to my advantage but Dallas has never looked at me like that before.

He kept his eyes trained on my lips the whole time he was taking care of me but as soon as I spoke he snapped out of his trance and was right back to being an arsehole again.

Shaking the thoughts of Dallas from my mind I made my way to my wardrobe to find an outfit for the game. I had to get a ride with my parents to the game today because Indigo couldn't make it so I didn't have that long to get ready.

Once I'd finished getting ready I moved onto makeup and finished it in record time as ma was screaming for me to come downstairs and get into the car. Making sure to grab my tote bag with the spray bottle in, I slip into my docs and rush down the stairs.

Everyone was already in the car, they were staring at me as I clambered into the car blowing a piece of hair from my face and giving them a sheepish smile.

"You need to learn time management Evangeline" Dad mumbled as he pulled out of the drive and we made our way to the arena.

I huffed rather than responding and instead focused on pulling my hair up and securing it with a claw clip. It didn't take long before we pulled into the car park and got out of the car, mum and dad practically ran in.

They were being so dramatic! We were still ridiculously early so I don't know why they had their panties in such a twist.

Rather than running after them I pulled on my headphones and made my way into the arena at a normal pace. I didn't have to talk to anyone for a while so I was just going to sit in the stands and watch the players warm up.

Both teams were on the ice warming up and subconsciously my eyes flicked around trying to find Dallas, not because I wanted to see him but because I wanted to make sure he was staying out of trouble.