Chapter Twenty Three

I couldn't keep the smile off my face as Dallas drove me home

I couldn't keep the smile off my face as Dallas drove me home. Something had definitely shifted between us and I was loving it. I know that I had sworn off hockey boys when I was younger, specifically boys like Dallas but he'd changed and I've definitely changed.

Pulling up outside of my house I hesitated with my hand on the door handle before turning to look at him. My cheeks flushed pink when I saw that he was already staring at me.

"I really had a good time last night Dallas" I grin at him and the corners of his mouth tilt up.

"I'm glad Angel. I liked having you around" He winked at me as I tried to bite back my smile.

"Now get going before your dad comes out to kill me" I giggle at him because I know for a fact of my dad saw us out here he'd start asking some very uncomfortable questions.

"See you on Friday Tuck" I grin at him and open up the door.

Before I can slide myself out a hand grabs the back of my neck and I'm quickly pulled towards him. His lips immediately found mine in a short kiss, it was nowhere near as passionate as the others that we had shared but it took my breath away regardless.

"Dress pretty for me at the game" He lets me go with a smirk on his lips as I sit there gaping like a fish out of water.

Without another word I was slipping out of the truck and placing my bag on my shoulder. He waited until I got into the house before he pulled away and disappeared down the street.

Walking into the house I was greeted with the quiet sound of the TV coming from the living room and someone banging around in the kitchen. Dumping my stuff at the bottom of the stairs I head into the kitchen to see who it was.

"Hi sweet" Ma's gentle voice calls out as she sees me walk in.

"Hi" I walk over and press a kiss to her cheek. She was in the middle of baking something as every counter seemed to be packed full of ingredients and bowls.

"So where were you last night?" There was nothing demanding in her tone, just curiosity as I took a seat at the island.

"Oh some of the team were having a movie night and invited me" I fiddled with the rings on my fingers praying she just accepts that as an answer and doesn't ask anymore questions.

I wasn't ready to tell her what had been going on with Dallas because that would lead to questions of what it is between us and I don't have the answer for that right now. All I know is that I like spending time around him when he's not being an arsehole. We are friends, who give each other orgasms!

"That's nice of them. You just crashed there?" She wasn't looking at me so I couldn't see the look in her eye but I knew her well enough to know that she would have that questioning look that makes me want to spill all my secrets.

I just hum in response and she goes back to mixing the batter in front of her.

"Hey there kiddo" Dad grins at me as he walks into the kitchen coming over to press a kiss to the crown of my head before walking over and wrapping his arms around Ma's waist.