Chapte Two

"Evangeline"

"Evangeline"

He was the only person that constantly called me by my full name and I hated it. It was the only word he had ever said to me and it made me hate my own name. He said it with almost a mocking tone, whether he meant it or not, it irritated the hell out of me.

"You not got eyes Tucker" I began to stand up only to be greeted with a hand in my face. I ignored it and pulled myself up using the wall instead. There was no way I was accepting help from him, I didn't need to seem weak in front of him.

"Same goes for you" His voice was deeper and rougher than I remember.

"Dick" I mutter pushing past him, I can't be bothered to deal with his lack of emotions right now.

Just as I got past him his hand shot out to grab my wrist and stop me in my movements. His eyebrows pull together as he studies the brace then moves his gaze up to fixate on the scar that runs from about an inch above my eyebrow through to the top of my eyelid.

"What happened to you?" His voice had something that I couldn't decipher but I didn't want to have this conversation with anyone, let alone Dallas.

Without saying another word I snatched my wrist out of his grasp and made my way back to the rink. Rather than sitting back up in the bleachers I decided to go and sit in the coach's box so I could watch more closely.

Jealousy coursed through my veins as I watched the players skate around, I wish I was out on that ice. The presence of the brace on my leg reminded me that doing that might never happen again.

Practice went on and I had seemed to have caught the eye of a few players who were nudging their buddies and pointing over to me. I rolled my eyes and distracted myself by playing on my phone. A two hour practice was way too long for me to sit through, I needed to be up and moving but there was nothing to do here.

The whistle finally blew and all the players made their way to the changing rooms and dad skated over to me.

"How you feeling Eva?" He gestured down to my brace and I just shrugged.

"Your wife is very persistent" Dad chuckled and ruffled his hand on my hair.

"I know honey, but it's in your best interest"

"Yeah yeah whatever"

He moved into the box and pulled off his skates changing back into his regular shoes and guided me out of the box. We walked down to the changing rooms and I looked up at him with a confused look on my face.

"You need to introduce yourself" I rolled my eyes but gently pushed open the door.

All the guys had their shirts off and I could feel the blush rising to my cheeks, they hadn't noticed me yet.

"Did you see the chick in the coaches box, fuck me man the things I would do to her" One of the players spoke out and I crossed my arms and ran my tongue across my teeth.