Chapter Sixteen

I sat in the car on the way back to the hotel with Wessy, Monty J and Jethro who was fidgeting around like a scared little cat

I sat in the car on the way back to the hotel with Wessy, Monty J and Jethro who was fidgeting around like a scared little cat. It was no surprise to anyone that I was pissed, I hated when we lost a game. As the Captain I took it very personally when my team wasn't playing to their full ability.

Also the fact that Evangeline's day had been ruined because of a stupid rumour was not helping with my anger. As much as I loved pissing her off I didn't actually like it when she was upset and after seeing her have two panic attacks recently I didn't want her to have to go through anymore.

"So Jethro, how'd you manage to pull Evie?" Monty J called out from the front seat and I couldn't help but grit my teeth.

"Well it's what I like to call the ginger charm. Ginger's get a bad rep so we've got to make up for it by having undeniable charm" He laughs and I roll my eyes.

Sitting next to this arsehole really wasn't doing me any good. All I wanted to do was get to the hotel, have a hot shower and a nap. As I was the Captain I always got to have a room to myself whereas all the other guys had to share.

As soon as the car pulled up to the hotel I got out as quickly as possible and grabbed my bags from the driver. I couldn't be around people any longer or I was going to snap as that was not something I wanted to do to my friends.

I walked up to the front desk and before I even got my first word out the receptionist squealed as she looked up at me, I let out an annoyed sigh. Usually I wasn't rude to fans! They helped me get to where I was in my career so I always tried to be nice, or at least my version of nice.

"You're Dallas Tucker, no way! This is totally unprofessional but could I please get a photo with you, my son is obsessed" I ran a hand through my hair and slapped a smile on my face.

I took the phone from her hand and snapped a photo of the two of us before handing it back.

"Here's your key, your room 403" I take it off her and mumble a thank you before heading off towards the elevator.

I head down the hallway on the fourth floor knowing that the rest of the team will be on the same floor as me. As long as I wasn't next door to Wessy and Monty J then I would be fine. I had no doubt they would be out tonight picking up puck bunnies but I wanted to just crash in bed.

Shoving the key in the door I waited for it to go green before opening it and dropping my bags. My eyes widen as I take note of what, or should I say, who was sitting there.

"Why are you in my room?" She tilts her head with an innocent look on her face. There was nothing malicious in her tone, only confusion.

"I have no idea. I always have a room to myself" I rub my hand over my face. I was far too exhausted to be dealing with this right now.

"It's fine, you look exhausted I'll go sort it out" She hopped off the bed and walked past me with a grin on her face.

If I wasn't so tired then I would go and sort it out but my muscles were begging me to have a shower and then get into bed. I dump my bags near the door knowing that I might have to leave soon so no need for me to unpack everything now.