Chapter Fourteen

"Ready to be my bitch for the day?" I wiggled around in my seat as he started up the truck and rolled his eyes at me

"Better enjoy it because it's never happening again. We all know I'm the one in charge around here"

"Ha yeah right cowboy" I scoff and move my gaze to the passing scenery. I had no idea where Dallas was taking me but he obviously had a plan on where we were going.

"Why are you called Dallas? Are your parents cowboys?" I let my thoughts slip out of my mouth, my filter was obviously not intact today.

"My parents fucked in Dallas and didn't have enough creativity to come up with a normal name" my head snapped to him with his blunt response and he simply just shrugged at me.

"Well my name means good news which is such bullshit because my whole life is one bit of bad news after another"

"You get to hang out with me all day, that's good news, is it not?" He shot me a wink and I let out a giggle before we fell into a comfortable silence.

I let out a little squeal when the car stopped out front of Auntie Anne's. It really was the best coffee house in the whole city and I would be happy to argue with anyone who thought different.

I jumped out of the car and went to rush into the cafe but Dallas cleared his throat and gave me a look that made me stop and wait for him. We walked into the building together and I went up to the counter to order the drinks.

I knew what Dallas was going to get because he was boring and would only drink an americano.

"Hi there gorgeous" the man behind the counter had a flirty grin on his face as he looked me up and down.

Most of the time I would have flirted back but the way he was eyeing me was making me very uncomfortable. Before I could respond a warm chest pushed up against my back and an arm wrapped around my waist pulling me backwards.

"Americano and a pumpkin spice latte" A grin grew on my face as Dallas remembered my order from last time.

"And if you flirt with her again, I'll smash your face into the concrete" chucking some cash onto the counter Dallas pulled me over to a table.

"Stop grinning at me you freak" Dallas huffed and folded his arms across his chest.

"You remembered my order" he scoffed and rolled his eyes.

The waitress brought over our order and handed an extra napkin to Dallas and winked at him. My eyebrows pulled together in a slight frown as he picked up the napkins and read it.

"She's cute" I mutter as a weird feeling settles in my stomach. It feels like anxiety but with a slightly different twist to it and it was not something I had experienced before. Pushing that feeling to the side I waited for his response.