Chapter Eleven

When I woke up after crashing from exhaustion yesterday I was met with Indigo's face rather than Dallas', not that I was complaining because that was one hell of an awkward conversation I was going to have to have

Rather than giving me a lecture about Dallas she just kept quiet and allowed me to relax. I knew in the next few days I would have to answer questions that I really didn't want to.

I couldn't explain why I asked Dallas to stay with me, or why he was able to calm me down from a panic attack when no one else has ever been able to do it before.

I had avoid going to the rink or having any interaction with the team for the past few days, I hadn't been doing any work and only spending my days in bed and in the dark. My parents were worried for me but I couldn't bring myself to explain what had happened because then that meant explaining about Dallas and that was the last thing I wanted to do.

I knew anytime now there would be stories in the media and my photos would resurface, then my parents would know what had happened but until then I wanted to keep my head clear of any of that.

"Right kid enough now you need to get out of bed, you're festering" Ma barged into the room and came to open my blinds.

I didn't say anything but instead rolled over and pushed my face into the pillows trying to block her out. She sighed and sat on the edge of my bed and placed a hand on my leg trying to comfort me.

"I've called Dr Kepler, you have a session with her today" I rolled my eyes and moved my legs so that she would remove her hand.

"You need to explain to me what has set you back. You were doing so well!"

I grabbed my phone off the nightstand and typed in my name in google. It wasn't surprising that there were photos of me and articles from the day at the rink. I chucked the phone at my mum and she sat there for a few minutes just scrolling through everything.

"I'm so sorry baby" she opened her arms for me and I sat up and fell into her embrace. Even though she was annoying me there was something about her arms that made me feel so safe.

"If you don't want to go to therapy today that's fine I can cancel for you but it would be good for you to get out of the house. We are all going out to the bar tonight with the team, I think you should come"

"Okay I'll come with you"

I had a few more hours in bed before I hauled myself out and began to get ready. I couldn't think of anything worse than having to see Dallas but I was doing this to make my parents happy. They were worried about me and I know it will be worse now that my mum has seen the articles.

I pulled on a cute outfit hoping that would make me feel better and it did slightly, I knew getting out of the house was going to be good for me but it just takes a lot to get the motivation to do it.