41

Pat was anxious.  He couldn't breathe properly and now he remembered why he hated these tests.  It takes way too much time.  His mom had his tests in front of her and Pa kept looking at hers.  She wasn't anxious because it was nearly impossible for her to be pregnant. 

Pat closed his eyes and tried breathing.  He wanted the time to go by faster.  He heard his mom gasp and he almost cried. 

"mom...  Please don't tell me it's negative" Pat cried and held the kitchen counter for support.  Pat's mom hugged him and he opened his eyes. Pa was staring at his tests with wide eyes.

"Two strikes! It has two pink strikes hia! You are pregnant!" Pat slowly sat down on the floor and sobbed harder. He was finally pregnant with Pran's child. Pran will be so happy. He lifted his shirt and caressed his belly.

"Oh thank god. Thank you so much god. I'll protect it. I'll take care of it... I'll be the dad I never got" his mom hugged him tighter and whispered congratulations.

"I gotta call p'pran" Pa took her phone in hand and Pat stood up quickly to snatch it away from her.

"Are you crazy? No! He cannot know this"

"Why?" Mom asked and stood up slowly. Pat shoved her hard before getting up to stop Pa.  She will scold him later for that.

"He will quit his job if he knows I'm pregnant while he is away" Pa nodded her head. That's true. Pran will do that. Everyone knows.

"I will keep it a secret till he comes back. Only 11 weeks left. Pran may know this news 11 weeks later but... Trust me It's for his own good..." Pat explained and sat down. 

"How will you hide it from Pran? He will notice when Your body will start changing" Mom said and took a picture of the tests to share it with her friends. They Don't know Pat is an omega but maybe It's time. Maybe Pat would like people to know the truth now.

"Hmm... He will... I'll just say... I have news for him after he comes back... Or something... I Don't know" She nodded her head and looked down at the tests...

"Do you wanna keep these? Maybe you can gift it to P'pran" Pat started at the tests and shook his head with a chuckle.

"He Will try to burn his hands off if I make him touch that" Pa laughed and nodded.

"He will scream his head off"

"Right" 

While the kids were talking Mom was thinking about Pat. She quietly gave Pat some bananas and ketchup.

" pat... There's no way to hide your pregnancy from the whole world. You have to tell everyone that you are an omega" Pat smiled casually and shrugged making Pa and his mom shocked.

"My friends already know. His friends and family know. His coworkers know. The only people who don’t know are my employees and our neighborhood. We'll just tell them I somehow became an omega... I mean..." Pat's mom sighed.

"It's not that easy Pat... People will call you a liar" Pat shrugged again and took a bite of his banana.

"I Don't care, mamma. They can fuck thems-"

"Language" his mom shut him up. He giggled and ignored his mom's nagging.

Pat was good at hiding his pregnancy from Pran. Everyone told him it was wrong but he knew how pran is. He will quit to come fast and take care of Pat. Pran noticed every change in Pat's body. He noticed how Pat was losing his abs and Pat didn’t send him workout videos. Pat doesn’t like phone sex anymore. He noticed how Pat was always caressing his tummy as if something or someone was in there. Pran had his doubts that Pat was pregnant. Pat wanted to tell Pran so many times but Couldn't. Every time he saw Pran his mind chanted the word 'the father of my child' but he couldn’t say it. Pat went to the doctor and they said the baby was growing just fine.

Society, however, was harsh on Pat. Pat's office environment wasn’t as toxic because Pat never said he was an alpha with his mouth. They only assumed it. So when some people heard he was pregnant and asked why he Didn't tell them that he was an omega he only answered with "You never asked what I was". And they had no choice but to shut up. Because It's true. They only assumed by looking at his body.

The neighbours weren’t so nice and they had heard Pat say he was a pure alpha. So when aunties started assuming he was pregnant they called him lier everywhere they saw him. He kindly ignored them. They Don't deserve his explanation anyway.

3 months had passed by quickly and Pran was coming the next Saturday. Pat's mom couldn’t let his son stay alone in this big lonely apartment that he calls home so she came to stay with him. His dad... Well, he had no say in it. The day he learned that Pat was carrying Pran's baby, he stopped interacting with Pat. Almost as if he is scared of him. Pat turned a blind eye to it. He didn’t care about his father either.

Pat's days were getting harder. He couldn’t sleep at night and felt tired the whole day. He was gaining Too much weight too quickly and it made his legs swell.

He was counting the days for Pran to come so Pran could take care of him. In his mind, pran could cure anything.

Pran's parents and his mother take care of him but nobody is like Pran.