2

"Can you give me some pills for the pure breed alpha's rut?" the pharmacist looked at him up and down and started taking some boxes out to get the pill.

"Young man. You shouldn’t be out. You reek of pheromones... I can tell it's not perfume. You have a strong alpha scent" Pat was startled by it and stared at that man with wide eyes.

"What did you say? What do I smell like?" the pharmacist smiled and checked if the pills were in good shape. It's not every day that a purebred pill gets sold.

"Like you are going into a rut of course. Or... You smell like your omega partner is about to go into heat. You also have a strong omega scent" Pat smelled himself and closed his eyes to stop panicking. It was his smell and he was about to start his heat. It was too early.  It hasn't even been a whole year.  Heat and ruts come once a year. Pat's heat comes at the exact date he calculates.  Maybe his calculation was wrong or maybe something was going on with his body. 

"Yeah... About that... Please prescribe some pills for recessive omega heat too. The regular ones aren’t working anymore. " After the pharmacist gave Pat the pills Pat paid and ran back to his apartment. He knocked on Pran's apartment door to give him the pills.

Pat was knocking on the door for almost 5 minutes but Pran wasn’t opening it. Pat put his ears on the door and heard shuffling inside. He knocked on it again, harder.

"Pran I swear to god if you don't open it now I'm gonna leave you alone and not give you the pills." After what seemed like 2 minutes Pran opened the door. He was heavily breathing and his pheromones were everywhere. Pran opened the door but hid his lower half behind the door. Pat didn’t want to see whatever was going under there so he handed Pran his pills and walked to his door to open it. Pran was supposed to close the door but instead, he was just staring at Pat.

"You should tell your parents to deliver food to you. I'm also going into a rut so I'm gonna do the same as well... See you after this ends" Pat closed the door leaving Pran still staring at him. He slid down the door exhausted. It was a long day. The tiredness was getting to him. He could feel his heat starting. He didn’t waste any more time and took the pill he just bought. Instant relief. He Couldn't feel his heat anymore. Pat sighed and sat down on the bed. He should eat dinner and go to bed already before his heat becomes unbearable again. But forget dinner. Pran Isn't gonna have dinner either. Pat wonders how hard a rut must be. He heard about it hurting so much that one cannot stand properly. That must be why Pran took so long to open the door. Pat felt his eyes heavy so he fell asleep wondering how much pain Pran was going through.

The next morning both the boys skipped class. It's hard to tell if the heat/rut ended or not. For a pure breed like pran, It's simple. If he no longer feels pain and he doesn’t have a hard on then his rut ended. But for Pat, it was way different. And too complicated to explain in one sentence.

Pran woke up feeling way better and knew his rut ended. He smiled and stretched his body. Suddenly Pat crossed his mind. Pat is in a rut. Did his end too. Pran showered, ate, put on some perfume and walked straight to knock on Pat's door. But it felt too awkward. Like what was he supposed to do after Pat opened the door? How can he ask someone a very private question like 'Is your rut over'. It hurts to stand up as well. Pran was about to walk back into his room but Pat helped him a lot yesterday. How can he just leave Pat in pain?

Pran finally knocked on the door and waited. He expected Pat to take a lot of time but Pat opened it pretty quickly. Pat stood straight unlike him in a rut. Pat was wearing clothes from head to toe but the rut should feel like It's burning the skin.

"Why are you here?" Pat snapped Pran out of his train of thought and Pran just stared at him.

"Your rut is over?" Pran asked. Pat shook his head and opened the door wide for Pran to walk in but Pran wasn't gonna just walk in.

"No... It just started. It can't end this fast. " Pran frowned and walked inside finally. Pat was heavy breathing and squirming. A sigh of heat not a rut. Pran saw clothes all around the room as if Pat was trying to find some clothes that would smell nice. A sigh of heat not a rut. Pran felt pat right behind him and smelled him.

"Oh? You smell so fucking good!" pran got startled and turned around. Pat was squirming harder and his face was flushed now. Pat is not in a rut but in heat. Pran, a pure breed alpha just walked into a room where Pat, possibly an omega who is in his heat is. Pran took a deep breath in and watched as Pat ran to his bedside drawer and pulled pills to take. Pat tried to hide the pills but Pran peaked to see pills that didn’t look anything like his.

Pran was in shock. He wanted to leave but the alpha inside him wasn’t letting him leave. He wanted to see how far Pat was gonna take it. Pran Couldn't ignore the hard-on Pat was having.

"Sorry, I forgot to take the morning pills," Pat said and Pran smirked. Knowing his rival was just acting like an alpha and knew nothing about the rut. Pat couldn’t hide the fact that he was indeed in heat. Alphas Don't take morning, afternoon, or evening pills like that. They take it whenever it gets worse.  Pat was oblivious. So oblivious to the fact that having an alpha in his room was very much not safe. Pran however was not in a rut anymore so he knew how to control himself. Pran should've known when he heard Pat was a pure breed. His father is an alpha and his mother is an omega. There's no way he is pure breed. It's a rare case. Paa turned out to be an omega so Pat may be also one.