Chapter 28

"What are you two talking about?" Day asked as he stepped in the kitchen.

"Girl stuff. You wouldn't understand." I replied. Day narrowed his eyes at me. I jumped up and wrapped my arms around Jay's neck. "So? How did things go?" I asked. Jay shrugged.

"He was great out there. Fit right in." Tate replied as he walked in followed by the rest of the guys. I gave Jay a look.

"You know he's not one to brag. So I will." I looked at Trent. "They had a little practice to see how he'd fit in. He hit several home runs and struck." Trent made a face. "Striked?" He motioned with his hands.

"Whatever word. He made several strike out." Ross filled in for his cousin. Jay opened his mouth.

"And it's only three hours away." The guys said at the same time. I shivered.

"That was creepy," I mumbled.

"He's been saying that all day. It's only three hours away from here. Away from you." Tate explained. I sent Jay a look as I grabbed his hand.

"Come with me," I mumbled before pulling him up to his room.

"Are you picking a college based on how far away it is from me?" I asked. Jay shook his head, nodded his head, then shrugged.

"I guess in a way I kind of am." I gave him a look. "I'm not intentionally doing it. I can't help it. When I get an offer, you are my first thought." He admitted. I sighed as I sat down on his bed.

"Jay, you can't choose based on the distance. You have to pick what's best for you. I'm just a girl." He narrowed his eyes and shook his head.

"You are not just a girl. You're my girl. You are Blaire Montgomery, the girl that's had my heart since we were like five." He snapped.

"I will always be here. Even if we're not together, I'll still be here." I took his hand. "Jay, I love you. It doesn't matter how far we are apart, I will still love you. I will always love you." I whispered.

"I love you too Blaire." He pressed his lips to mine. "So, how did your test go?" He asked when he pulled back. I moved so I was straddling him.

"Let's not talk about that," I mumbled against his lips. He smiled as he smashed his lips to mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Maybe I should go away for the day more often," Jay mumbled as I kissed his bare chest. I just made a noise as I trailed kisses down his chest. I leaned back with a huff when someone knocked on the door. Jay stood up fixing his boxers. He opened the door to reveal Day. Day gave me a look causing my stomach to drop. I knew he wouldn't have good news. He pushed his way into the room.

"Two cops just showed up here." He told me. I furrowed my eyebrows. "They were looking for you. Mom told them that you weren't here right now. They weren't going to tell her what they wanted, but then she pointed out that you're a minor under her care right now." I nodded for him to continue. He looked between Jay and me. "Your mom wants you back." He whispered.

One little sentence. Five words. That was all it took to make my world come crashing down. I instantly burst into tears. I couldn't go back. Not to her. I hadn't been completely honest with anybody about how my mom had been towards me. She never physically abused me. She wasn't going to leave marks on me as evidence. She did it mentally and emotionally. I was finally happy for once. She just couldn't let me be happy. She blamed me for what happened to my father. It's one of the main reasons I'd always blamed myself for it. I looked at my boyfriend. He was pissed. He was arguing with Day about it. I knew he didn't want me going back. We'd be torn apart again. Maybe we weren't meant to be together like Gran had said.