Chapter 12

I sat down in Jay's lap. He gave me a small smile. I ran a hand through his hair. "What's wrong?" I asked. He still hadn't said much. He just shook his head. "Come on Jay. I know something is wrong." I whispered. He looked around the room.

"Just enjoy your welcome home party." He whispered.

"But Jay..." I gave him a look. I couldn't enjoy it if I knew something was bothering him this much. He gently pushed me over so I was sitting on the couch then stood up. I opened my mouth to say something else. He shook his head and walked away. I just watched him leave as my mouth hung open and tears filled my eyes.

"All right, what's wrong with you?" Day plopped down on the couch beside me.

"Jay hasn't said a word to me since we left the hospital. I know something is bothering him. He won't talk to me. He just pushed me off his lap and walked away. Told me to enjoy the party." I gave Day a look. "I can't enjoy a party when I know something is wrong." I explained. Day nodded.

"Go talk to him. I saw him going out back. He probably went to his batting cage. It only has one entrance. If he won't answer you, just block the entrance until he does." I smiled at Day and pulled him into a hug.

"Thanks." I whispered. He patted my back.

"Just go after my idiot brother already."

I stood silently watching Jay as he swung the bat hitting every ball the ball thing threw at him. "You're really good." I finally said. He looked up at me in surprise. I gave him a small smile.

"What about your party?" He asked.

"My boyfriend comes before some party." I replied. He sighed and put the bat down turning off the machine. He sat down then motioned for me to join him. "What's wrong?" I asked. He looked at me with tears in his eyes.

"You almost died." He finally whispered. I took his hand.

"But I didn't. I'm fine. I'll be more careful." I promised.

"It terrified me to see you like that. I was terrified of losing you." He admitted.

"I'm sorry, Jay." Tears filled my eyes. Jay pulled me onto his lap.

"You just scared me. You were so pale and weak." He whispered. I turned so I was straddling him.

"I'm fine now. I know I scared you. I was scared too. But, I'm okay now. I feel fine." I studied him intently.

I'm not sure which one of us moved first. One minute we were just staring at each other, then we were kissing. It felt so good to kiss him again like this. We'd shared little kisses in the hospital, but this was different. This was a real kiss between a girlfriend and a boyfriend. Filled with everything we were feeling. The relief of being at home together, healthy. The passion we felt for each other. The worry. I pushed closer to him pushing my fingers into his hair. His fingers dug into my hips pulling me closer to him. We both moaned at the contact. I pulled away when I remembered we were outside of his house which was full of people. He blinked at me like he was in a daze. I couldn't help but smile at him.

"We should go enjoy my party." I whispered. I trailed my fingers down his chest. "We can finish this later." I added.

"Are you and Nat still having your girl's night?" He asked. I looked at him.

"It's Friday?" He nodded. "Oh, I'm not sure. I haven't talked to her." I mumbled.

"Well, let's get back to that party then. You've got others to talk to." I just sent him a look as I stood up. He stood up as well and took my hand. "Want to go somewhere tomorrow? Like a date?" He asked. I smiled up at him.