Chapter 17

I heard a squeal then I was on the ground under something heavy. "Memphis, don't hurt my girlfriend." The heavy thing on top of me squealed again.

"Oh my God. Nobody told me anything. They just told me you drove because you had to make a stop." The heavy thing said.

"Umm... Jay. A little help please." I pleaded.

"Memphis, get off of her." Jay ordered. I took a deep breath when I could finally breathe again. Jay chuckled as he helped me up. I glared at Memphis.

"The ground hurts and you are heavy." I mumbled rubbing my butt.

"Sorry, didn't mean to knock you down." She apologized. I waved my hand.

"Didn't hurt me too much." I told her.

"I was just so excited to see you. It's been like five years. They didn't even tell me you were coming. Wait, does Aunt Pam know you were coming?" She asked. I nodded.

"Yeah, I'm kind of living with her." Her eyes widened.

"But, there's only one room left. She told us it was Day, Jay, and Beck in a room." She mumbled. Jay just shrugged.

"I guess we should go see her about it then. I mean, we've been sharing a room this whole time." I admitted. Her eyes widened and her jaw dropped.

"Are we talking about the same person?" I just laughed as Mama P walked up.

"Oh good, you're here. We all decided not to tell anybody Blaire was coming with you." Mama P told us.

"Yeah, Memphis kind of tackled me to the ground as soon as I walked in." I mumbled rubbing at my hip bone that still hurt. She gave Memphis a look as Jay's phone went off.

"Here's your room key. Third-floor suite two." She motioned for us to go. "Did everything go okay yesterday?" She asked. I nodded.

"Everything went great." I replied. Memphis just looked between us with a weird look on her face.

"We're all getting together to eat in the little cafe. Just join us when you're done." We both nodded then headed towards our room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I smiled as Jay and I stepped into the little cafe hand in hand. "Oh my, that can't be my Princess B." I heard. My eyes landed on Gran as she stood up. She instantly pulled me into a hug. "Jay just gave me the greatest Christmas present." She mumbled. Jay just shifted awkwardly beside us. She pulled back and patted his cheek. "I just saw you a few weeks ago. It's been a year or more since I've seen this beautiful girl. Are you the one that put that smile on her face?" I glanced at Jay.

"I sure hope so. I hope nobody is making my girlfriend happier than I am." Jay replied. Gran gasped.

"I always knew you two would end up together." She whispered.

"Gran, they're only in high school. They still have college to get through first." Someone pointed out. She waved a hand at them.

"Look at them. These two are going to get married one day." She announced. I glanced up at Jay. I couldn't help but wonder what he thought of that. He just smiled down at me.

"Sit down so we can eat. We've got things to do." Day practically whined.

"If you're doing it, it can't be important." I mumbled. Day narrowed his eyes at me.

"Get your girlfriend." He told his brother. I glared at him.

"He doesn't control me. I'm my own person." I snapped.

"Okay, I don't know what happened here, but let's cool it." Mama P said. I glared at Day as I sat down in the empty seat beside Beck. Jay sat down in the only empty seat that was left.

"Oh, we better move around so they can sit beside each other." Day said. Jay had to sit about three people down from me on the opposite side of the table. I huffed.

"We don't need to be close to each other at all times." I snapped.

"Could've fooled me." I clenched my jaw.

"Day, knock it off. I don't know what your problem is, but leave her out of it." Jay growled. Day turned his glare on Jay.

"And what if she is my problem?" He asked. I just looked at Day as I felt tears burn the back of my eyes. What had I done to him? The last time we talked he was calling me pretty amazing.

"Dayton. Watch it." I glanced towards where Jay was sitting. I could tell his jaw was clenched. Day sent me a look.

"Your girlfriend is a nosey bitch who needs to keep her mouth shut." He snapped.

I flinched back. What the hell was he talking about? "That's it." Jay jumped up and moved towards Day, but Trent and Tate were between them in an instant. I blinked quickly to hide the tears. I stood up and left the room.

"Blaire." I heard my brother yell.

"Blaire wait." Nat yelled. I just shook my head and kept walking. I wasn't going back in that room. Not with the way Day was acting. Jay had the room key and I didn't want to go up to a suite we were sharing with Day. I walked around the resort until I found a little window seat in an isolated corner. I sat down and pulled my knees up to my chest. I put my head on my knees as the tears finally fell. I had no idea what I'd said. I hadn't said anything about Day to anybody. I hadn't talked to anybody the past couple of days. He made it seem like I'd said something horrible, but I wouldn't. I thought of Day as almost a brother. I wouldn't say anything bad about him, especially if it wasn't true.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Babe." I looked up to see Jay frowning at me.

"Babe?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. Jay just shrugged sitting down beside me.

"You okay?" I sighed then nodded.

"Yeah, just a little hurt. What did I do to him?" I asked in a small voice. Jay shook his head.

"After you left, there was a lot of yelling. I yelled at him. Beck yelled at him. Even Nat and Ross were snapping at him. He marched out of the cafe. Mom made me stay for a few minutes after he left. She wanted to make sure I wouldn't run after him. I wasn't. I had to make sure my girlfriend was okay first." He explained. I moved over into his lap and snuggled my head into his chest.

"I love you." I whispered. I felt him kiss the top of my head.

"I love you too." I wrapped my arms around his waist.

"Blaire?" I looked up at the sound of my name. My eyes narrowed when I saw a sorry-looking Day.

"What?" He looked down.

"I came to apologize. I didn't have all the facts. I was just angry about it and when I saw you, I just snapped. I'm really sorry." He apologized.

"You called me a bitch." I reminded him. "

I'm really, really sorry about that. You are not a bitch. You're not even close to being a bitch. You're the nicest, sweetest person I know. That's why it hurt so much, and I got so mad when I thought you'd said that about me." I just nodded.

"What did she supposedly say about you and to who?" Jay asked. Day looked around.

"I heard from a few people that she was heard telling Kate that I'm too childish, stupid, and any other insult you can think of to raise a baby. That Kate shouldn't trust me to be in my child's life." He replied. I gave him a look.

"How could you even think I'd say that about you?" I asked. He shook his head with a shrug. "I believe a child should know their father. I'd give anything to have just a few more minutes with my father." I whispered. Day looked down.

"I'll make this up to you." He promised. I just shrugged.

"Let's go snowboarding." Someone yelled.

"Want to go?" Jay asked. I shrugged.

"Sure."