Chapter 22

Memphis marched in the room. "Okay, I'm tired of all this secrecy around you two." She said. Jay and I just looked at her. What the hell was she talking about? "Okay, so first, when you two got here and Jay's phone went off you two and Aunt Pam were talking about something. Then when we were eating she said you couldn't run out again because you needed to eat. You missed a whole week of school because you were in the hospital. Plus how protective everyone is of you. Everybody was pissed off about what Becca did. Even Canton and he's like never mad." She ranted.

"I have kidney failure." I told her. She looked at me confused. I sighed and told her everything. I told her all about being shot and losing a kidney. I told her how sick I'd gotten. I told her how that was the reason I was basically living with Jay.

"She almost died. We all saw how hard it was on Jay. He was like in constant panic mode while she was in the hospital. He barely slept. He barely ate. He was with her more than anything and you know the hospital isn't a very happy or comfortable place to be for either the patient or people with them." I looked down.

"Nat, shut up." Jay snapped. "You two can go talk somewhere else about this." He told them.

"We'll see you later."

"Okay Blaire, talk to me." Jay whispered when they were gone. I hesitated.

"I just feel bad. I put you through all of that." I admitted.

"Blaire, I love you. So much. I was so scared of losing you. I love you so that means I'm going to worry about you. Even if it's just worrying that you'll fall down the stairs. I'm going to worry." He told me.

"Don't jinx me. If I fall down some stairs I'm going to blame you." He just chuckled.

"I'm not mad at you. I don't blame you for anything. You are my girlfriend." He whispered.

"All I do is cause you to worry about me in some way. Whether it's with this kidney failure, how I'm feeling, like when I close down because I'm upset over something, or like now with the shoulder." Tears filled my eyes. "Nobody deserves to worry about someone else like this." I mumbled lowly.

"Woah, stop that. Even if you dumped me right here, right now, I will still worry about you. Blaire, I love you. I love all of you, not just the happy stuff about you or the bad stuff that you see in yourself, because that bad stuff you see, is good stuff to me. It's part of you. The person I'm in love with. I love everything about you. Even if we break up, I'm still going to love you and worry about you." He ranted. I slowly moved so I could look at him. His eyes were glassy looking, like he was about to cry as well.

"I love you." I put my hand on his neck keeping my hurt one to my chest. I slowly leaned in and placed my lips on his. He gently kissed back just as the door opened again.

"Mom said you need rest, not sex." Day yelled. I pulled away from Jay then slowly moved so I was sitting comfortably with my back to his chest again.

"We were in no way close to having sex." I mumbled. Day raised his eyebrows at me. "For one, our hands were on each other's faces. Not lower. Two, all of our clothes are still on." I pointed out. Day gave me a look. "Just shut up." I snapped.

"I didn't say anything." He whined.

"Then stop thinking so loud." I snapped causing both Day and Jay to laugh. "Sit down." I ordered.

"Yeah ma'am." He mumbled sitting down.

"How's Kate? How are things with Kate?" I asked. He gave me a weird look.

"She's fine. She actually just found out we're having twins. She forgave me for how I reacted when I first found out. Mom and I still haven't really talked about it. As far as I know, Gran and them don't know yet. If they do, nobody has said anything. I plan on asking her out when we go back home. Not just because we're having babies together. I really do like her." He replied. I smiled at him.

"So twins? Wow. When is she due?" I asked. He bit his lip.

"Some time in May. I don't remember the exact date she told me. Plus, sometimes twins come early as well." I nodded as the door flew open again.

Tate looked between everybody when his eyes landed on me. "I need you in my room." He mumbled. Jay sent him a look. "Please, it's important." He whispered. I nodded.

"I'll be right back." I told Jay as I slowly eased myself off the couch. I handed Jay my ice pack. "Will you put that back in the freezer for me?" He nodded. I kissed his cheek then followed Tate out of the suite. I followed him next door into his suite. He glanced back at me with wide eyes before leading me into a room. My eyes widened when I found my best friend sitting on the bed in tears.

"What the hell is going on?" I asked. She looked up at me. Her eyes widened when she saw the sling. "Separated shoulder. Your turn." She handed me a pregnancy test. A positive pregnancy test. My hand went slack and it hit the floor.

"I called Tate freaking out. He got me to fly up here. I'm still freaking out. I just took the test." She mumbled.

"She started crying and asked about you." Tate added.

"Wow, you and Kate. Tate and Day." I mumbled. I closed my eyes when I realized I'd mixed the names up.

"How the hell do I tell Mom? She freaked out when she heard about Kate and Day." He asked.

"You just have to tell her. I'm sure she'd like it better if you told her, not her figuring things out on her own. And with her already knowing about Day, maybe she'll take this time better." I mumbled the last part.

I sat on the bed and put my good arm around Marcy. "Either way, I'm here for you. I'd be an awesome aunt." She laughed. "Well, that is, if I can pass my exams." I mumbled.

"You still haven't taken those?" I shook my head.

"Mama P got it worked out to where I'll go in after the first of the year and take them just like you all did. I'll take two a day and get the same time limits you got." I explained. She nodded. "Now, I hear you two have some kind of history. I don't know much about it, but I do know you two need to sit down and talk. You need to figure out your problems before you bring a baby into it. It wouldn't be fair on the baby. Now, I'm going back to my boyfriend. You two sit here and talk." I ordered. They both nodded. I sent them one last smile before leaving the room.

I jumped with a squeak when I came face to face with someone. "You good?" Trent asked. I nodded.

"Just wasn't expecting you to be there." I mumbled. He raised an eyebrow at me.

"This is my suite. Why are you coming out of Tate's room? Last I checked that's the wrong brother." He asked.

"We were just talking. Like you and I are talking. Our talk was just privater. Is that a word? Is privater a word?" I asked. Trent chuckled.

"I have no idea." I furrowed my eyebrows in thought.

"I'm gonna go look that up." I mumbled.

"You're weird." I gave him an offended look.

"So are you." I snapped.

"I am not. You are." He argued.

"No, I think you are." His eyes narrowed.

"You are." He poked my nose. I pouted and covered my nose.

"You definitely are." I heard the door behind me open.

"Will you two just shut up? You." He pointed at Trent. "Go to your room and you," He pointed at me. "Go to your boyfriend." He ordered. I narrowed my eyes.

"You're still weird." I mumbled walking away from the two boys.