Chapter 21

I gave Jay and Tate a look as they helped me stand. This time neither of them was on a board. Just me. They'd talked me into giving snowboarding another try. "How are we going to go down the hill like this?" I asked. They shared a look.

"We hadn't thought of that." Jay replied. I glared at him.

"Don't worry. You've been doing pretty good so far." Tate assured me. I raised an eyebrow. I'd managed to hold my balance for a few minutes longer than before and they'd just moved me around a little.

"Come on. We'll take you to the kid's part. It's not as steep as that." Jay offered. I huffed. I felt like a kid. I hated that I couldn't seem to be able to snowboard. I never had this much trouble in any kind of sport before. It just irritated me. That irritation could've been more from the period though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I smiled widely at Jay. I'd managed to make it down the hill, the normal-sized one, not the kid one, without falling. I pulled him into a hug. "Hey, I helped too." Tate whined. I let go of Jay and hugged him as well.

"Come on. We'll go down with you this time." Jay offered. I looked at the slightly bigger hill.

"Can we try that one instead?" Jay sent me a look.

"Are you sure?" I nodded. I felt confident on the board now. Jay and Tate shared a look. Jay nodded then grabbed my hand. "Come on. You'll go down and we'll be right behind you." I nodded excitedly. "Just let us put our stuff on first before you go." Jay ordered as I moved closer to the edge. "Okay, go." He whispered. I smiled as I moved down the hill. I'd finally gotten the hang of snowboarding after a few hours.

I'm not sure what happened, one minute I'm just fine, then I'm lying in the snow. "Blaire." I heard Jay yell. I groaned as I tried to move. Pain shot through my arm causing me to scream. Jay carefully rolled me on my back. "Are you okay?" He asked glaring at something past me then looking me over. I shook my head as tears filled my eyes.

"It hurts. My shoulder really hurts." I replied. He gently lifted me in his arms.

"Mom." He yelled. "Mom." He kept yelling.

"What the hell happened?" Beck asked.

"Not important. Just get my mom." Jay snapped.

"What happened? Why are you yelling?" Mama P asked. "Blaire? What happened?" She asked me. I groaned as Jay moved me. He sat me on a chair.

"She said her shoulder hurts. She fell. Badly." He told his mom. I looked at him to see him glaring at someone again. I followed the direction to see Becca.

"How bad?" Mama P asked.

"She went down face first then rolled several times before any of us could reach her." Tate explained when Jay didn't say anything. I jerked away when Mama P lightly touched my shoulder.

"We're going to have to take her in. She needs an x-ray. She could also have a concussion." She told me.

"I'm coming." Jay told her. She just nodded as he helped me up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Jay." I called. He stopped his pacing to look at me. "Sit down. You are driving me insane." I snapped. He gave me a look then slowly sat down beside me.