Chapter 3

I sat up breathing deeply. I took big, deep gulps of breath trying to calm myself down. "Blaire?" Jay asked rolling over to squint up at me. I reach over with a shaking hand to grab his hand.

"Just a nightmare." I whispered. He sat up and pulled me into a hug.

"It's okay. I'm here and nothing is going to happen to you." He tried to assure me. I sat back to look up at him. I studied his face. Those intense green eyes. The little mark above his eye he'd gotten from a fight. I put my hand on his cheek, rubbing my thumb around. I looked between his eyes and lips. "What to talk about it?" He asked. I slowly shook my head. I looked back into his eyes. Those intense eyes.

"No, I want a distraction. Will you be my distraction?" I whispered.

"Well, I think I can do that." He moved so he was right in front of me. "Just remember we're in the movie room. Someone could walk by, so don't be too loud." He mumbled as he pushed me back. I just smiled up at him.

"I'll do my best." He chuckled as he kissed me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I jerked at a loud noise. "Why are they sleeping on the couch bed?" Someone asked.

"Shhh... They are sleeping." Someone else said. I huffed and blinked my eyes opened.

"We'd be sleeping better if some people knew how to be quiet." Jay mumbled. I giggled.

"Why are you sleeping on the couch bed?" Nat asked as I sat up.

"Mama Pam said since it was so late, I could just stay here." I replied.

"And?" Day asked giving his twin a look.

"She said we'd either have to sleep in separate rooms, with one of you, or down here. We chose down here." Jay explained. I nodded in agreement.

"Well, you can just borrow something from me." Nat offered. I gave her a thankful smile.

"Breakfast is ready." Mama Pam yelled. Everybody quickly ran to the kitchen. Jay gave me a look.

"I can stop by your house if you want to get your own clothes." He offered but I shook my head.

"It's fine. I don't want to be a burden or push us for time or we end up being late." I whispered. He gave me a look like I was crazy.

"You would never be a burden." He grabbed my hand. I just gave him a small smile then climbed out of bed.

I had decided to just borrow something from Nat. I didn't want to risk Jay finding out my secrets. Not when I was just reconnecting with him. I smiled as I climbed out of his car. He was telling me a story about himself and his brothers trying to play a game of two-on-two. Trent played soccer. He couldn't really play any other sport. At least not very well. Day was the quarterback and couldn't kick a soccer ball straight if he tried. Tate ran track and Jay played baseball. Tate preferred running to anything else. He wasn't very good at much besides running. Jay was an okay player in a few sports. I'd only seen him play baseball, football, and soccer. He played baseball the best. Just the mental image had me laughing.

"It's not funny. That shit hurts." Jay tried to hide his smile.

"I'm sorry. I know it hurts. I just can't help myself." I managed to get out between laughs. Day had been trying to kick the soccer ball but missed so badly that he ended up kicking a different pair of balls between Trent's legs. Jay smiled as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"I'll see you at lunch?" He asked as the bell rang. I nodded with a smile.

I blinked as some guy held out a bouquet of roses. I just looked at him confused. "You're Blaire Montgomery, right?" The guy asked. I slowly nodded. "Well, then these are for you." He said handing them to me. I furrowed my eyebrows.