Chapter 26

I smiled as Jay walked back into the room. Snow tilted her head sideways to look at him causing him to laugh. I absentmindedly ran my fingers over Snow's back as my mind began to wander. What would things be like if I hadn't run off? Would Jake and I have worked things out? Would I still be at home? Would I have moved in with Jake? Would I have even started talking to Jay again? That last question got to me. What would things between Jay and I be like if I hadn't bumped into him that first day? Would we even be talking right now? I studied Jay. I did love him. I knew without a doubt that I was in love with him. I depended on him a lot. What would happen when he leaves at the end of the year? I knew he was going to leave. He had several offers. I wasn't sure which one he was going to take, but I knew none of them were close. What would happen between us?

Jay looked at me. "What's going on in that pretty little head of yours?" He asked. I just shrugged.

"Just thinking about things," I mumbled. He raised an eyebrow at me. "Like what would things be like between us if I hadn't run off? What's going to happen when you leave?" I asked. Jay just studied me.

"I don't know. I'm not going to lie to you. I mean, I hated that we weren't talking anymore, but I didn't know what to say. I'd started to text or call you several times, but I didn't know what I'd say. I don't want things to end between us. I love you. We'll figure something out when the time comes." He whispered.

"Are you staying the night?" Jake asked. I glanced at him then back at Jay with a raised eyebrow. Jay shrugged.

"It's up to you." He whispered. I thought about it. I wanted some private time with my boyfriend. I missed Jake though. I also missed Jay's bed.

"I think I'd like to go back home. I miss Jay's bed." I replied. Jake smirked at me.

"I know what's on your mind." He mumbled causing me to roll my eyes. "Come on. Let's go to the diner and eat before you go." Jake whispered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh, my baby came back," Joe yelled as soon as I walked through the doors of the diner.

"This is why I don't come see you," I told him. He just shrugged.

"What are you doing here? What happened to your arm?" He asked.

"I was snowboarding and someone pushed me. Jealous girls are just horrible. I'm not sure what I'm doing here. I fell asleep in the car and my boyfriend drove here." I replied. Joe glanced at Jay.

"Jake called Beck wanting me to stop her by here on the way home." He mumbled. I kissed Jay's cheek.

"Oh yeah, the pictures." Joe motioned with his hand when he remembered.

"Good thing I already gave it to her," Jake muttered.

"You want your usuals?" Jake and I nodded.

"Just bring the same for Jay," I replied glancing up at him. "I'll show you the pictures when we get back." I told Jay when I noticed his look. He was so cute when he was confused. Snow barked at our feet causing Joe to look around.

"Since when did we have dogs in here?" He asked.

"Since my amazing boyfriend got me a dog for Christmas and I own the place," I replied. Joe just sent me a look and shook his head.

After a very emotional goodbye, most of that being Joe, Jay and I had headed back towards his house. We'd gotten a call from his mom letting us know their plane had been delayed. They wouldn't make it home for at least another day. Jay and I would have the house to ourselves. We'd put everything up in Jay's room, gotten Snow settled in, then got comfortable on the couch. Where we both fell asleep. We'd been trying to watch a movie, but that didn't work out. I felt my eyes drooping as soon as my head touched Jay's chest. It hadn't taken me long to realize Jay was asleep. I'd given up the fight a few minutes later, snuggled into my boyfriend's arms.