Chapter 10

"Please don't tell anybody." She pleaded.

"Are you sure?" I asked. She nodded.

"I had unprotected sex a few months ago. I'm late, I've been peeing a lot and puking a lot, and I'm so emotional." She replied.

"Have you taken a test? Talked to anybody?" I asked. She shook her head.

"I can't tell anybody. I can't even buy a test. My parents are really strict. They don't let me have any cash and they monitor my cards closely. I'm barely even allowed to use my cards even though it's my money." I pulled her into a hug.

"It's okay. I'll buy one. You need to know for sure. If you are, the baby is going to need some care. It's not healthy to not have a doctor." I rubbed her back. "I'll get Jay to drop me off at my brother's apartment after baseball practice. Here's the address. Just meet me there." I told her as I pulled away and wrote the address down.

"Thank you." She whispered.

"I should get back out there. Jay might send a search party out for me." I laughed as I left the bathroom.

"You okay?" Jay asked as soon as I sat down. I nodded.

"I'm fine. Just wasn't feeling that well." I replied. I looked around to see everybody looking at me. I noticed someone I'd never met before. "Who is that?" I asked Jay.

"Ross's boyfriend." He whispered.

"What? How could you have a boyfriend and not tell me?" I asked.

"Sorry. How could you label things with Jay and not tell me?" Ross smiled. I shrugged. "Blaire, this is Tim, my boyfriend. Tim, this is Jay's girlfriend, Blaire." I smiled at him.

"Wait, so you're boyfriend and girlfriend now?" Day asked. Jay and I nodded. "Since when?" Jay and I shared a look.

"Since this morning." I mumbled. Jay wrapped his arm around me pulling me into his side. "Hey, Day?" I asked. Day raised an eyebrow at me. "You remember the night of the football game? The first one I was here for?" He nodded. "You remember that girl I asked about, the one glaring at me?" He furrowed his eyebrows but nodded. "How long ago was that?" He looked even more confused.

"I don't know. A few months ago." He replied. Everybody just looked between us as the bell rang. I kissed Jay's cheek.

"I need to go home after practice. I'll explain later." I told him. He gave me a look but nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jay dropped me off after his practice. He wanted to stay, but I convinced him not to. I didn't want him there when Kate showed up. I ran down to the pharmacy at the end of the street and bought a pack of tests. The clerk had given me a weird look. Kate was standing at the door when I got back to the apartment. She gave me a nervous look. "I knocked but nobody answered. I thought maybe you forgot." She mumbled. I held up the bag.

"No, I just had to go buy them. My brother shouldn't be home for a few hours." I explained as I let her in. She looked around the living room. "Just moving in. Even my room isn't set up yet. That's why I've been staying with Jay and them." I told her as I led her to the bathroom.

"And his mom is okay with that?" I shrugged.

"His grandma and my grandma used to be neighbors. So my dad and his mom had grown up together. We grew up together before he moved here. We even got married when we were like five." I replied. "You want to go first or me?" I asked. Her eyes widened as she pointed at me. I took a test out then stepped into the bathroom.