17. Broken Friends

Note: The medical related things/terms/medicines are all fictinal. I have used them for the story purpose only. The real meaning of them can be different or things can be used differently in real life. Kindly read things as fictional only.

All were shocked with the gun shots. Sam quickly first shot on the Boy's hand which made the gun fell from his hand and Shree quickly took it. Chhotu with other police officers took the boys inside before they again messed things. The rest team members looked in the direction of the gun shot.

Ary was still shocked on whatever happened. Same with Adi. But then they too processed whatever happened.

Ary (shouting): Dada...

Adi (shouting): Arjun..

Arjun has come to where Ary and Adi were standing to comfort Ary as he too knew his brother was scared and why not, he is still a kid. He hugged Ary and has comforting him when he saw the boy pointing gun towards Ary. He quickly pushed Ary and Adi both away on instinct when the boy fired. He too went to aside but the bullet hit the mirror of Adi's car but not before piercing Arjun's arm.

The ETF team too came to where Arjun, Ary and Adi were standing.

Ary (crying): Dada.. Dada.. Aap theek ho na..

Arjun cupped his face.

Arjun: Main theek hoon Ary. Goli bas chhuke nikli hai. Mujhe kuchh nahi hua okay.

Ary nodded in yes and hugged Arjun tightly. Arjun was though having immense pain in his arm but comforted his brother first.

Adi: Arjun.. Tumhe dressing karwa leni chahiye. Ek kam karte hai mere ghar pe chalte hai woh yaha se nazdeek hai aur main Dr Mehra ko bol dunga baju me hi rehte hai and baki thoda bahut agar kuchh hoga to Adi kar degi.

Rest all too agreed and settled in the cars. Ary was with Arjun in Adi's car and was just hugging Arjun who was just caressing his hair to comfort him all forgetting about his own physical, mental tiredness. But the wound was now taking toll on him and he has started feeling dizzy. Sam was driving Adi's car and Adi was calling at Aditi to arrange things at home and has also called Dr Mehra to be at his home to treat Arjun. Sam saw Arjun's eyes were getting heavy in the mirror and increased the speed.

They reached Adi's house and Sam and Adi quickly took Arjun out from the car who was half unconscious by now. Abhi went to Ary and was holding him and Ary too was leaning onto him. Adi saw his brother was looking at Arjun with hell scared face but still comforting Ary.

Adi: Abhi tu..

Abhi: Bhaiya aap bhai ko pehle unke room me le jao aur unka treatment karwa lo. Hum log wait karte hai unke room ke bahar.

He said it assuringly to which Adi nodded but internally felt proud on Abhi. They took Arjun to his room in Adi's house and laid him down on the bed. Dr Mehra has already come. He asked others to go out from the room by the time he was checking on Arjun. He only allowed Aditi as she too was a doctor.

Ary: Bappa.. please Dada ko theek rakhna.

Sam: Ary.. beta tumhare Dada theek hai. Goli bas chhuke nikli hai. Kuchh nahi hua tumhare Dada ko.

Ary: Lekin phir woh aise.. aise behosh se kyu ho gaye hai?

All looked at each other.

Ayesha: Woh iss liye Ary kyuki goli jab chhuke nikalti hai to chaut to lagti hai na. Aur khoon bhi behta hai. Bas iss liye kamzori ki wajah se aisa lag raha hai tumhe ki tumhare Dada behosh hai jab ki asliyat me so rahe hai Ary. Weakness ki wajah se okay.

She lied to him as Ary was panicking a lot and he was looking at the verge of going on a guilt trip. Arjun was fulfilling his duty as a police officer and as an elder brother and they cannot allow Ary to get panicked and allow the hardwork of Arjun and Ary of fighting Ary's fears to go in vain by allowing Ary to go on the guilt trip. Allowing him to do so was confirming only one thing and that was him keeping distance with Arjun which none of them could have handled. And it can easily encourage Ary's fears.