nineteen

Jayeon's pov:

Jayeon's pov:

My heart stopped beating as soon as i was now looking in his brown eyes. The sun was still shining so his pupils seemed even more glossy now.

I nearly forgot i was asked something when i already quickly sat down instead of continue lying. I scratched the back of my head while opening my mouth to answer.

"Well, no specific reason"
I said, without my barin even noticing what i'm saying.

I acted as if it would be normal to lie on a random bench on a playground in the forest where usueally no one else would be. I didn't know why my mouth just started moving and bringing out my voice without knowing what i wanna say everytime he's around.

Jungwon raised his eyebrows at me. His eyes shortly switched to my bagpack where the books obviously could be seen. Just as i saw them, i quickly cupped one half of my face weirdly. I didn't want him to see the red spot i had.

"So you just want to tell me that you just chill here on the playground that actually needs to be removed for years? With your study books?"
Jungwon probably knew this was ridiculous.

The nervousness even increased when he furrowed his eyebrows, taking a step closer to me. He saw my hand cupping the burning cheek of mine. Perfect.

"Yeon, what's that? Why are you cupping your cheek? Are you crying?"
The boy asked me curiously. I just tried to avoid looking at him. I looked everywhere else; at the trees, the old climbing frame with a slide. 

But still he ended up pulling my chin towards his gaze to make me look at him.

"Yeon, please let me see your cheek"
He said, causing my eyes to stop looking around but look directly in his again. Our eyes met as they always did when we were together.

I didn't want to show it. But i knew i had to since it wouldn't be the last time we saw eachother anyways.

I slowly let go of my cheek, make it visbile for Jungwon. His eyes became bigger when he had a look at my face. I knew he know from wehre the spot came.

And his next words just confirmed that.

"They hurted you, right?"
He asked while actually already knowing the answer to his own question. He took a step back when he looked at my eyes, not knowing that they started to fill up with tears again.

Too cramped to answer with words, i rather nodded with my head, causing Jungwon to sigh before crossing his fingers behind his head.
He might pitied me for being kicked out of my own house.

Or he was thinking about ho to run home as fast as possible. He might didn't want to be friends with a homeless girl who gets slapped by her own mother.

In his place, i would never want to be friends with myself. Maybe i was just hating myself too uich to actually be in his position for that. I would be glad if myself would be tortured with sleeping on the cold bench on the lost playground in the forest.