nine

Jayeon's pov:

Jayeon's pov:

"Is this scarf you wore Jungwon's?
The girl's voice halled through the small bathroom, further away from the main hall of the restaurants we were eating in.

My heart stopped beating while my breathing hitched. I didn't know what to answer.

This is the first time Minji seemed upset. She was always this kind girl who took care of me like i was her sister. She leaned against the sink whose water was still running over my hands, it became warmer and warmer just like my face who was probably completely red.

What should i do? I can't lie to her because she knows it was his. Sure, otherwise she wouldn't have spoken it up to me. Slowly i thought it became a bad habit of mine to start panic once i needed to lie.

I exhaled, trying to calm down my running heart before turning off the water tap, drying my hands with the towel besides. I turned to Minji then and nodded.

"Honestly yes. But please don't think wrong of it okay? I just couldn't find anything warmer at home so i just walked around with a sweatshirt. It was so cold, i didn't even beg him to give it to me, i swear. He just pushed it in my arms and said i should wear it"
I explained, hoping Minji wouldn't get any more upset at me.

Minji just sighed, looking down on the floor. Then she lifted up her head again and faced me directly. She was still in the position of crossing ehr arms over my chest.

"Are you telling the truth, Yeon? Listen, i'm not mad at you it's just weird to see you together like this you know? Especially since you're neighbors now"
My breathing hitched again. Since when does Minji know about us being neighbors? I never told anyone, not even Riki. I just nodded silently.

"Okay. And the next time i would like to hear about things like the neighbor thing from you directly, okay? From my best friend and not from someone else like Jay, alright?"

Okay, that was confusing me to death right now. Why would Jay know about Jungwon and me being neighbors?

"I'm sorry, Ji. I just didn't want you to worry about something because Jungwon and I are not even that good friends. We are just working on the project together, nothing more and nothing less"
I answered to her, making her widen her eyes. I knew it might sounded like i would lie but i didn't. As much as i wanted it to be more, Jungwon and I were just normal friends. Minji was actually the only really thing connecting us, except for the current project.

"Yeah, I know. This is just my first serious relationship and it's just still a bit weird and unfamiliar to see my boyfriend living right next to my best friend. But if you say you're just friends, i get it. I will just talk to him directly about the scarf incident"

I widened my eyes. I don't want to be the reason of a possible fight between them. As much as i wanted to be in Minji's place in the relationship, i would never want to cause a fight that could end up in a breakup. I'm just causing problems all the time, maybe it was the time to start fighting against this and stop those fights to arise.